Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I thought our McLeod was Eggman, or is it Stack? Pretty sure we already have a couple of McLeods.
We've got a McLeod a Burgoyne and a Pickett. But our Pickett is not the Pickett. Just need a Wanganeen and a Relton Roberts

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We've got a McLeod a Burgoyne and a Pickett. But our Pickett is not the Pickett. Just need a Wanganeen and a Relton Roberts

Is our Pickett a Wanganeen? Anyone good enough to be a Goodes?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Should come in as soon as his fitness is good enough, he is way too good for the VFL and will be a very good AFL player.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
People are getting toooo carried away.
He was dominating in league which is at a very low standard.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
I find it incredible that we could pick up a 27 year old player from the WAFL that could potentially, more or less, walk into the starting line up of one of the strongest teams in the AFL! It’s hard to fathom how many of these type of players are out there.
Reckon the AFL should up the minimum age for drafting. Maturity both physically and mentally have a lot to do with it.
I find it hard to fathom that most clubs out there , some of which are putting claims for a priority saw fit to overlook him

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
I find it hard to fathom that most clubs out there , some of which are putting claims for a priority saw fit to overlook him

Only need to look at Flyin Ryan. Overlooked multiple times. Premiership player now who seems to be improving every week.
And he was in their back yard. Same with Tim Kelly.

Reactions: 1 users

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
I’d play him this week. Carlton is basically a VFL team. Let him build from there.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Let's see how he plays on the big open spaces of the MCG this week in the VFL curtain raiser and make an assessment from there.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I cant help but think we might see him in the side should he impress in another VFL game or two.

There has been so much talk about him I cant help but think the MC and redruiting staff see him as a viable option in 2019 before its done.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I cant help but think we might see him in the side should he impress in another VFL game or two.

There has been so much talk about him I cant help but think the MC and redruiting staff see him as a viable option in 2019 before its done.

I think we should just give him the Jack Dyer medal now.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Plenty of tongue in cheek comments as to how good he is/will be.. but seriously if it wasn't enough to pick up Stack for next to nothing, without even using any type of draft pick to then pick up a possible mature recruit via the mid season draft will have all other 17 recruiting teams scratching their heads!! We have come such a long way from making calls to former players asking if there are any good kids in your area we should consider.. For me that was one of the key issues that made Richmond so poor doe almost 40 years !