Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov

He's doing his best to stay on the list. Has speed, competes in the air and made very good decisions last night. Great stuff Oleg.

Reactions: 3 users
Thought he played quite well. Broke the lines & used his pace which at times got him out of tight spots. Have never been a huge fan but he did well last night.

Reactions: 2 users
Going ok, can see he needs to just calm a little... he is rushing himself which ain’t helping

He was 10 times worse than where he is today and I'm really surprised with how much his decision making has improved.

I'm really pleased that he has gone back and worked on the very thing that he needed to get right.

If he can string a few matches together and get some consistency he could join Shai in the "Superstar Apprentice" category.

Reactions: 2 users
He has been good in both his games but it is going to be hard to keep his spot with Houli and possibly Dave coming back.

Wing? He has the endurance to play the Brandon Ellis role, which I think we really miss.
Half-forward? Gives us the tackle intensity. Can he kick goals? Personally, I prefer he to Stack or Aarts at this stage. Castagna has been less than inspiring this year and is running out of chances.

Hope he can somehow stay in. He might just provide a Townsend 2017- style boost. Premiership teams need this.

Reactions: 4 users
would be the biggest farce if he is dropped for next week

Reactions: 5 users
Well its gonna be most likely this situation.

In - Houli Nankervis

Out - from Castagna, Stack, Chol, Soldo.

Most likely will be Stackie and either Chol or Soldo will sit out for mine.

He has been good in both his games but it is going to be hard to keep his spot with Houli and possibly Dave coming back.

Wing? He has the endurance to play the Brandon Ellis role, which I think we really miss.
Half-forward? Gives us the tackle intensity. Can he kick goals? Personally, I prefer he to Stack or Aarts at this stage. Castagna has been less than inspiring this year and is running out of chances.

Hope he can somehow stay in. He might just provide a Townsend 2017- style boost. Premiership teams need this.
Advocated he be tried forward this year in a chat with Caesar on one of his training report threads. But JC was nowhere near as positive as me, replying amongst other things, that he thought Oleg would be cut from the list end of this year.
He has only been allowed 17 games since drafted in 2016, albeit injuries have hampered him. He is nowhere near his threshold yet. Remember the 50 games of experience marker that really enables a player to start feeling comfortable at the highest level?

Oleg's great pace and strong marking and kicking skills are just what we need now to alter our style in the contemporary AFL world where teams have devised effective flooding, mark-kick plans and have duplicated our high-pressure tactics to counteract our style. The midget FL game we developed is much less effective. (Just watch how Geesook are now playing).

Agree with your ideas here for how/where he can be played.

Reactions: 1 users
I'd leave him in the backline. Move baker up field to make way for houli

I'd leave him in the backline. Move baker up field to make way for houli
You want to leak more goals? Baker is vital in our BL. Have you been watching any of his games this year - like last night? Markov cannot be expected to be that good down back at this time with much less AFL experience: 33/17 games. Bakes a premiership player. Different types too.

Houli back into defence; Short to the wing; Markov forward. Castagna out.

Markov was one of the few who lowered his eyes and hit targets.

Could be a weapon if he is kicking into the forward 50

Reactions: 6 users
His speed is the key here , his 1st 5 steps clears packs defiantly a keeper..

Was drafted as a forward but due to his pace, height and kicking skills we trained him as a HB.

I think he would be great as that lead up mid size forward, would be bloody hard to match up on due to his height and speed. If we can get him leading out of 50 he will be a great asset.

BTW he's got a big boot on him, can kick goals from 50-60m out if he is given the licence to do so.

Was drafted as a forward but due to his pace, height and kicking skills we trained him as a HB.

I think he would be great as that lead up mid size forward, would be bloody hard to match up on due to his height and speed. If we can get him leading out of 50 he will be a great asset.

BTW he's got a big boot on him, can kick goals from 50-60m out if he is given the licence to do so.

was certainly doing that at VFL level last year

Reactions: 1 user
If people think he goes out just because Houli comes back have rocks in their heads.
Markov did everything he was required to do on Monday night.
I had him 2nd best behind Cotchin.
Put him on the wing or half forward.