Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’d rather persist with Parker for the rest of the season in Georgies role. Like Aarts time to go back to the VFL and try and find some form

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Yep he’s a messy , eccentric type, you could say he modelled himself on Premiership George
Will only get better as he gets older. Not the neatest, bit on the Dash Kam level, but he was impressive in attack with the Aints. Glad we got him cheap.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
It's no use asking for his demotion as it's not going to happen.

Unfortunately.
I’d rather persist with Parker for the rest of the season in Georgies role. Like Aarts time to go back to the VFL and try and find some form

There's the problem

In the current game - there needs to be better alternatives for the three of them.
George has a great CV with us ( Flag hero and all that) - Aarts is a genuine trier for sure - Parker obviously only a newcomer

But the fact that any of them is getting a spot in our 22 is an indication that we've slipped well down the order

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Might seem harsh for a 3-time premiership player, but its trade or delist for mine. Despite playing over 100 games he still lacks composure and isn't skilled enough to play anything other than the chaos small forward role which has not been effective this year. We need players who are good kicks and unfortunately George's skills haven't improved enough.

Reactions: 3 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
There's the problem

In the current game - there needs to be better alternatives for the three of them.
George has a great CV with us ( Flag hero and all that) - Aarts is a genuine trier for sure - Parker obviously only a newcomer

But the fact that any of them is getting a spot in our 22 is an indication that we've slipped well down the order
ithink we have a bit to work with Parker , I’m not sure how much the other 2 can offer going forward, games changed a lot since they played there “ roles” well

Reactions: 2 users

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
We have seen the best of Castagna that's it for him, i think like Nick Daffy he is a flash in the pan a couple of solid season in him and that's it. No shame in that he has 3 flags but i don't think we will see anything more from him like we did a couple of years ago.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
When George does get the ball he goes into headless chicken mode and slows all momentum as he hasn't a clue what to do.
It’s like my Vizsla puppie when he has a zoomie. Dunno where I’m running to until I’m there and then, and then, wtf was I doing..?

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Thanks for your time and contribution to RFC, Castagna
You've got three premiership medals swinging around your neck but I just can't see your services being required going into 2022 and beyond.
The game has gone past Castagna and his playing style/ability is no longer of value.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Argh.
The Chaos man.
Was one of his biggest fans.
Captain Chaos would bring chaos to other teams with his run, his bravado, his unpredictable play.
Has stunk it up big time this year.
Prob only had the 2 good games I can think of.
Dreamtime and the 1st Aints match.
Unfortunately now the only Chaos Captain Chaos brings is to his own side.
So sad to see him fall away like this.
Drop but keep.
3 time premiership player.
Never forget that 3rd quarter goal to the Punt Rd end in the 17 Granny.