Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigers: Jason Castagna

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The last of the three Amigos departs the 2017 Premiership forward line.
Sad day Oldie.
Rioli Castagna and Bulter turned our club into a force for 4 years.
It was great viewing.
We might not have won the flag in 18 but i still reckon we played some of the best football ive seen this club play in 45 years.
And yes on the back of Dusty, Cotchin, Grimes,Houli, Big V, Nakas, Edwards, Lambert, Prestia and lynch but these 3 players made the final piece to our style click over.
Its a really sad day.
The Batten will go now to Little Rioli, Cumberland and Parker.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Sad day Oldie.
Rioli Castagna and Bulter turned our club into a force for 4 years.
It was great viewing.
We might not have won the flag in 18 but i still reckon we played some of the best football ive seen this club play in 45 years.
And yes on the back of Dusty, Cotchin, Grimes,Houli, Big V, Nakas, Edwards, Lambert, Prestia and lynch but these 3 players made the final piece to our style click over.
Its a really sad day.
The Batten will go now to Little Rioli, Cumberland and Parker.
yep 2018 we were untouchable for most of the year and blew teams off the park. That PF loss still hurts.

• Sad

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
yep 2018 we were untouchable for most of the year and blew teams off the park. That PF loss still hurts.
Stats say we were the superior team by a county mile in 2018 but limped into the finals
Finished 2 games clear on top with huge percentage for a reason
Easiest our best year but didn’t get the job done , interesting

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Kneejerk reaction from Dimma.
Not so sure about knee jerk

In this case it’s more like the classic scene from those movies where a doctor tests a blokes reflexes by hitting his knee with a mallet - and nothing happens - or maybe it jerks 10 seconds later - or maybe the other knee jerks instead.

Because in the case Dimma has been tapped on the knee after many games this season and its only jerked at Round 21. That ain’t good reflexes or reaction.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
IMO 5 weeks too late

should have re-set the backline and forward line after the saints game

Dimma can be too loyal to his players at times but that's probably why they play for him.

Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Stats say we were the superior team by a county mile in 2018 but limped into the finals
Finished 2 games clear on top with huge percentage for a reason
Easiest our best year but didn’t get the job done , interesting
Definitely limped. Rember we were lucky to beat Dogs in last game and then disposed of Hawthorn who finished way above their ability. Can't specifically recall the games but 2nd and 3rd last rounds weren't flash either I think.

Reactions: 2 users

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
Not 100% sure whether he’s in our best 22 moving forward, but has been resigned until 2023

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Great to see has signed for another 2 years. Will be better next year with faster ball movement and a full preseason to get that pure hunger back for the contest.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Zips the news he has been waiting for. How are we going to contain his excitement?

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Definitely limped. Rember we were lucky to beat Dogs in last game and then disposed of Hawthorn who finished way above their ability. Can't specifically recall the games but 2nd and 3rd last rounds weren't flash either I think.
Spot on. All culminated in horror prelim. Dusty injured, Dave sick, Rance had a shocker after starting on Kmart Dusty, Grigg as second ruck exposed on the worst possible night and team in general out of form.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
If I was George, I'd practice goal kicking, field kicking at speed and one grab overhead marking all summer. Plus I'd watch tapes of the 2019 Grand Final over and over and remind myself what hard running to position does and creates. We need him to get back to that.