Welcome Tylar Young | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tylar Young

code yellow and black

Tiger Rookie
Sep 21, 2014
This guy should not be let off the hook. I like his defensive skills but his kicking is ordinary particularly under any sort of pressure. I don’t think he is a bad kick but needs to keep things simple and just go long down the line with his kicks or even better, handball off to a player running past.

He had two absolute howlers of kicks which hurt us at important times. They were shockers. Turnovers, momentum killers.

Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
This is part of his game.
Shocking kick
No 2nd efforts
And loves giving away shiit free kicks.
Needs to be replaced.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Probably worst game he’s played yesterday. It was a ball flood in first half, but even so was out bodied & out positioned too often for an elite back.

He was also on our 6am flight back to Melbourne this morning and travelling solo, which I thought unusual. Thought team travelled together - especially after a loss.

Reactions: 1 user

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Probably worst game he’s played yesterday. It was a ball flood in first half, but even so was out bodied & out positioned too often for an elite back.

He was also on our 6am flight back to Melbourne this morning and travelling solo, which I thought unusual. Thought team travelled together - especially after a loss.
Remember the Manchester United flight?

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
A much better player when he is alongside Balta in the backline

Reactions: 2 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Harsh Judges here. Needs time and should play the whole season. confidence will come.

Reactions: 7 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Young aint being dropped , especially for MIller, and even moreso with Balta not back there.

Reactions: 3 users

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Young aint being dropped , especially for MIller, and even moreso with Balta not back there.
I’d rather play a person short. He’s useless.

Gets beaten often, gives away frees and can’t kick. *smile*, I’d rather Aiden Corr and he’s a massive potato.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004

Gets beaten often, gives away frees and can’t kick. *smile*, I’d rather Aiden Corr and he’s a massive potato.
Who's useless, Young or Miller?

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004

I thought last year that his kicking was quite good. Maybe the interrupted pre season, He’s never gunna be a star but he will be a good solid role player for us, not dissimilar to astbury.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
This is actually not that uncommon for the Eagles and Dockers.

I am told it has to do with aiding recovery from certain types of injuries.

Maybe Young copped a knock or something?
Tap on the shoulder to get some vigour into his game. Has he made a tackle yet ?. He aint alone as Gibcus Miller got aerial spoiling skills but once they hit the ground flat feet. Maybe Tresize can fill that hole.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Richo talked regularly about the amount of contests he either halved or won last year. It was a very positive stat for him.

Give him a month of form before we decide if he is part of the problem. As I thought our midfield allowing clean kicks into their forward line was the biggest issue.

Reactions: 5 users