Welcome Tylar Young | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tylar Young

D

Doogle

One of the worst defenders I've ever seen. He's lucky King dropped a few marks. He could of easily kicked 8 on him Saturday.

Needs to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
One of the worst defenders I've ever seen. He's lucky King dropped a few marks. He could of easily kicked 8 on him Saturday.

Needs to go.
If he's unfit, give him a few games.
He played 19 last year OK

However, he's 25. If there's no improvement left, I'd put Kosi or Miller down there. Kosi is 23. Miller 24.

We then try to draft a KPF and KPD, and a couple of good midfielders, maybe a wing or two...should be good for finals in bout 5 years.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Needs to go.
he rated pretty highly in one on ones last year. Unsure we have anyone to replace him at this stage.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
He played some good 1:1 footy last year.

Let's give it a few games before we rush to judgement, but he's never going to be a top 10 player. Kind of hope can do an Astbury role - strong overhead, fit, halve the rest and kick it down the line or pick a very safe outlet.

Reactions: 3 users

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
Agree. There's lots of Young bashing after Saturday's poor game. Last year he was pretty dependable so we should cut him some slack. It's round zero 🤔 so let's see how he progresses. Even by PRE standards we should at least give him till round one!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Agree. There's lots of Young bashing after Saturday's poor game. Last year he was pretty dependable so we should cut him some slack. It's round zero 🤔 so let's see how he progresses. Even by PRE standards we should at least till give him to round one!!

PRE whipping boy of the week, 61 inside 50's, King should of kicked 10.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
He played some good 1:1 footy last year.

Let's give it a few games before we rush to judgement, but he's never going to be a top 10 player. Kind of hope can do an Astbury role - strong overhead, fit, halve the rest and kick it down the line or pick a very safe outlet.
Rushing to judgement is the PRE way !!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
There's no point in passing judgement on any of our backs or forwards after that game.

It was 100% a Midfield failure. You can't repeatedly stream out of the middle under zero pressure, completely in control with ball in hand, in 6-6-6 and not hit targets in the modern game.

Young is our only tall lockdown defender. Grimes did nothing, Vlastuin intercepted, Gibcus got destroyed by King and anyone else he went to (again, not his fault, no pressure on the ball carrier).

Your key backs will always look poor in those situations.

King also received two extraordinarily soft free kicks from good Young contests.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Didn’t king kick a bag on Balta late ly or was that the other one , when I look at root cause for that first half nightmare it was squarely on the midfield , 80% I of that time was in their f50 course they’re gonna get amongst it ,,,he barely touched in sec half , apart from dodgy free kick

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
What's the story with the AholeFL and us in this concussion stuff up?
I thought they said on the telecast, he passed the initial concussion test after the incident, but showed symptoms at half time and the other protocols came into force, ruling him out.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I thought they said on the telecast, he passed the initial concussion test after the incident, but showed symptoms at half time and the other protocols came into force, ruling him out.
Young hit his head but the AFL is concussed

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
We looked better when he went off. Proves what I said earlier about not needing him in the side.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Massive ball watcher.
Not convinced he is the answer down back.
He was lucky the little blokes saved his ass

Reactions: 1 user

Webbie26

Tiger Rookie
May 17, 2023
Struggled with the lack of preseason and shoulder issue he had not the same player he was last year