Welcome Will Martyn | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Will Martyn

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Reckon Martyn is only now starting to recover from the dissapointnent of his game against Port. Kid was shell-shocked. In saying that i think he is one of the kids less likely to make it.

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
disagree
i think he will be the best out of
RCD, Ross and hugo

I am all in!!!

Reactions: 1 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Reckon Martyn is only now starting to recover from the dissapointnent of his game against Port. Kid was shell-shocked.
Good point.
There have been a couple of 'mare debuts this year. This kid and Ryan.
Both looked completely lost at the higher level.
Just like the MC.
They too have had a 'mare re selections.
They have picked completely unbalanced sides.
So I won't blame these 2 players.
They weren't ready to be elevated.
Doesn't mean they are not going to make it.
But MC has had a Barry this year.
Epic fail!

Last edited:

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Good point.
There have been a couple of 'mare debuts this year. This kid and Ryan.
Both looked completely lost at the higher level.
Just like the MC.
They too have had a 'mare re selections.
They have picked completely unbalanced sides.
So a I won't blame these 2 players.
They weren't ready to be elevated.
Doesn't mean they are not going to make it.
But MC has had a Barry this year.
Epic fail!
The problem is we have our best 22-24 then there isn't much depth with senior experience after that. With the injuries a lot of them have been thrown in the deep end.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Will can win clearances……the side can’t, might be an idea to have him and RCD in the side !!

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Will Martyn (31 disposals, seven clearances) AND 13 TACKLES !!

Get him in, and not for a token 1 game.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Watched a few of his VFL games recently. Only one issue I have with his game n it's the one that cost him a smashing in his senior debut.
Sometimes just hangs on to the ball way to long trying to, make a decision, find an option, or simple lack of awareness that heat is coming on. He can get away with it to some extent at VFL level, but at AFL level it's career deadly.
Could be nothing worse than a young kid simply needing a little bit of game experience n growth through the different levels of footy, just a matter of wait n see how he develops.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Martyn looks so much better in the VFL than AFL but give him time. Only 2 AFL games and still only 20 (21 in 2022)

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
What did we think of Will yesterday? Meh? Does meh cover it?
Got a couple of senior games, like virtually all our youngsters simply needs to be able to get games of VFL footy under the belt for proper development purposes. Not much chance of building a work platform for the kids these last two years.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
He did improve from his first game which was, I dunno, far worse than terrible to meh. It was a huge step.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
He did improve from his first game which was, I dunno, far worse than terrible to meh. It was a huge step.
He did, but the difference between Port in R4 at a rabid AO and yesterday's game was like boiling water to cold tea.