What are you looking forward to in 2020...? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What are you looking forward to in 2020...?

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Looking forward to more whining and salty tears next season.
Too many games at the MCG
Soft Draw
X amount of games in a row at the G
Too defensive
Too attacking

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Bucks slinking onto the G post GF to present Normie to Dusty. ... we'll all applaud. ... won't we?
FIGJAM really makes me laugh.

He's gone on record as saying the preliminary finals loss was a bigger opportunity missed than the 2018 GF.

Is he kidding himself?

2018 they were lucky enough to get us with Martin on one leg, Lambert fresh from a syndmosis foot opp. Prestia struggling for fitness, Astbury and possibly others down with gastro. The beast was gone! All they had to do was get over the WCE and they had a flag, but they fumbled it.

This year, had they got past GWS, all they missed out on was having us better our 81 point flogging we handed out to them in 1980. No team was going to get past us this year on th ebig stage. If FIGJAM thinks they missed out on something this year, then he is more delusional than i first thought. At least he has a clear plan to copy this time around. He copied out plan in 2018, then copied Simpson's in 2019 and played slow tempo football. If he doesn't realise now which model triumphs, then he's both delusional and stupid.

As for "Salty", gee wizz we must have been good in 2018, considering that team is apparently better than our current team.

He relies so heavily on individual efforts fetting his team over the line ie the star factor of Dangerfield, Kelly, Hawkins or maybe the dimming light of Selwood. No Kelly next year, he's not really a coach who is going to win too many games from good system because he's not a good enough coach to impliment good system. They will win a disproportionate number of wins relative to their ability because they always do with the home ground advantage they enjoy at Kardinia Park. They will probably make finals as they always do because of that ground, and then they will have to perform like they always don't!

The biggest "fraud" in AFL coaching ranks.

he will probably front up on Fox Footy so Gerard Wheately can fawn over him as some sort of coaching oracle, and Chris Scott can sit there back straight lapping it up as us viewers have to stare at his profile and mini-ear while he bestows his apparentt wisdon upon us. My guess is that he's going to get more and more salty as the 2020 season wears on. He will be asked about the juggernaught that's steam rolling it's way through opposition sides in 2020 and he will probably claim it's not as good as 2019 without Brandon Ellis, he will point to a raft of early MCG games whilst ignoring the amount of travelling we'll have to do in the last 7 rounds (the AFL's response to all the sooking taking place after the 2019 season). He will be critical of us being able to use the 2018 mid season draft to "bank" a player in Marlion Pickett, and probably be critical of us even being allowed to get any compensation at all for Brandon Ellis.

His head will look like a fair ground clown just waiting for a ball to drop in his gob.

He will just be critical, because that's the only answer he has.

................................... who else is there i can hate on? :p

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Tails

Still Chasing Dreams
Mar 10, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I'm looking forward to us replicating 2018 and repeating 2019's finals period all in the one year!
I would also love to see Chris Scott pull out of AFL360 half way through because nobody can believe the *smile* & spin that comes out of his mouth 2 long years in a row.
West Coast again finishing out of the top4
Collingwood again struggle with injuries
Eddie pop a foofer valve

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Soldo - how good could he be?
Stack - what position will be best?
George - AA contender in 2020
Baker - proven the doubters wrong and improving further
Rance - back better than ever and driving the side to another flag

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
FIGJAM really makes me laugh.

He's gone on record as saying the preliminary finals loss was a bigger opportunity missed than the 2018 GF.

Is he kidding himself?

2018 they were lucky enough to get us with Martin on one leg, Lambert fresh from a syndmosis foot opp. Prestia struggling for fitness, Astbury and possibly others down with gastro. The beast was gone! All they had to do was get over the WCE and they had a flag, but they fumbled it.

This year, had they got past GWS, all they missed out on was having us better our 81 point flogging we handed out to them in 1980. No team was going to get past us this year on th ebig stage. If FIGJAM thinks they missed out on something this year, then he is more delusional than i first thought. At least he has a clear plan to copy this time around. He copied out plan in 2018, then copied Simpson's in 2019 and played slow tempo football. If he doesn't realise now which model triumphs, then he's both delusional and stupid.

As for "Salty", gee wizz we must have been good in 2018, considering that team is apparently better than our current team.

He relies so heavily on individual efforts fetting his team over the line ie the star factor of Dangerfield, Kelly, Hawkins or maybe the dimming light of Selwood. No Kelly next year, he's not really a coach who is going to win too many games from good system because he's not a good enough coach to impliment good system. They will win a disproportionate number of wins relative to their ability because they always do with the home ground advantage they enjoy at Kardinia Park. They will probably make finals as they always do because of that ground, and then they will have to perform like they always don't!

The biggest "fraud" in AFL coaching ranks.

he will probably front up on Fox Footy so Gerard Wheately can fawn over him as some sort of coaching oracle, and Chris Scott can sit there back straight lapping it up as us viewers have to stare at his profile and mini-ear while he bestows his apparentt wisdon upon us. My guess is that he's going to get more and more salty as the 2020 season wears on. He will be asked about the juggernaught that's steam rolling it's way through opposition sides in 2020 and he will probably claim it's not as good as 2019 without Brandon Ellis, he will point to a raft of early MCG games whilst ignoring the amount of travelling we'll have to do in the last 7 rounds (the AFL's response to all the sooking taking place after the 2019 season). He will be critical of us being able to use the 2018 mid season draft to "bank" a player in Marlion Pickett, and probably be critical of us even being allowed to get any compensation at all for Brandon Ellis.

His head will look like a fair ground clown just waiting for a ball to drop in his gob.

He will just be critical, because that's the only answer he has.

................................... who else is there i can hate on? :p
Great post Frick. All true on Figgy and Pricky. Laughter of the AFL.

• Love

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Riley Collier-Dawkins, Derek Eggmollesse-Smith, Callum Coleman-Jones, and Sam Powell-Pepper, all in the same team, and having the most surnames on a team sheet in a single game, in AFL-VFL history
Sam Petrevski-Seton wanting a trade to Richmond, as he'll fit in better.

• Wow

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Also, Mason Cox adding his mothers maiden name of Ucker, and having hyphenated surname, of Cox-Ucker.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
looking fwd to getting the bigger salt shakers we'll need, coming off a flag we have Lynch/Stack/Pickett will get more than a 5 min pre season, our depth has shown they can be players in yrs to come & will only improve.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Looking forward to Soldo dominating and being rated as the best ruckman in the AFL.