Who we are selecting with our first pick? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who we are selecting with our first pick?

I haven’t got a clue as I don’t know the kids at all but I would love to see us get a KPP .
If not we should take the kid with the biggest potential upside even if he isn’t ready and back our development team. We can afford to leave our young players in the vfl.

Reactions: 1 users
For mine - Conor Stone. Forward. It needs to be remembered, our FL was an issue for most of the season until we got players like Sheds back, allowing Shai and Dusty to spend more time up there. It's still a possible weakness with JR8 in decline.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Everyone saying this draft is a unknown quantity. Load up and save your picks for 2021.
But the AFL is sprucing this draft as a super draft?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Everyone saying this draft is a unknown quantity. Load up and save your picks for 2021.
But the AFL is sprucing this draft as a super draft?
Next year’s draft is always the Superdraft, except that next year never comes. It’s like Brigadoon, it appears once every hundred years, but only for a day.

Reactions: 3 users
Foxfooty prediction..... these predictions are like a throw at the stumps I reckon.....

PICK 21: RICHMOND – MATT ALLISON

Clubs:
Calder Cannons/Vic Metro

Position: Key Forward

Size: 194cm/81kg

Bio: Allison is one of the top talls who has a stack of scope for improvement. He can get up and down the ground using his strong endurance base, which is also matched by a good acceleration when on a lead. He has been used as a midfielder on the outside at times and still has untapped potential there if a club think they can develop him further. He is very raw and his numbers in the NAB League suggest that, but there are plenty of clubs tracking the Victorian.

In the mix: Richmond’s pick is one of the hardest in the first round to predict given they have no pressing needs. They have been linked with a few of the taller prospects in Allison and Liam Kolar from Northern Knights. It might be a touch early for either, but given the age profile of the Tigers another young forward wouldn’t be the worst option. Don’t rule the Tigers out of trading the selection into the second round or into 2021.

Matt Allison is not a bad call from the Fox Idiots

Reactions: 1 user

Daniel Cherny

@DanielCherny

·
16h

Talk over past couple of days has been that Melbourne and Richmond are looking to trade top-30 picks. Also Jack Carroll and Conor Stone linked to Essendon, plus whispers that Alec Waterman could get a second chance at West Coast. All that and much more in this 6000-word guide.
Quote Tweet

pOqcSMYQ_mini.jpg

Daniel Cherny

@DanielCherny

·
15h

Just to clarify, Dees and Tigers not necessarily trading with each other. Details in article.

Using Lepitch's advice as a guide quality midfielders first ruckmen last.

Foxfooty prediction..... these predictions are like a throw at the stumps I reckon.....

PICK 21: RICHMOND – MATT ALLISON

Clubs:
Calder Cannons/Vic Metro

Position: Key Forward

Size: 194cm/81kg

Bio: Allison is one of the top talls who has a stack of scope for improvement. He can get up and down the ground using his strong endurance base, which is also matched by a good acceleration when on a lead. He has been used as a midfielder on the outside at times and still has untapped potential there if a club think they can develop him further. He is very raw and his numbers in the NAB League suggest that, but there are plenty of clubs tracking the Victorian.
Is he the next Noah Balta or the next Ben Griffiths?

• Haha
  • Wow