Who we are selecting with our first pick? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who we are selecting with our first pick?

I've been "off footy" and off PRE for a while. I heard at work that draft night coming up, so I thought I'd check in on the threads to see whats up.

Usually, I'm properly desperate around this time, and for all your thoughts.

So I checked in to PRE. I got 6 posts in, had a customary chuckle at a few of Zipps posts, and then became quickly disengaged.

After 3 in 4, who gives AF.

We buy the beans that woolies reject and turn them into magic beans. It's such a strange feeling to be so nonchalant about footy being the desperado I am.

I can only say that when it comes to football, I am, as Roger Walters wrote for Pink Floyd, comfortably numb.

See you back on the boards when the season starts.

Reactions: 7 users
Add to this the fact that in 2016 they thought they were going to get Shai Bolton. We’d been heavily linked with Elliot Himmelberg, so they thought Shai would slide through to them. Instead we took Shai with the pick before theirs and they chose Sam McLarty who didn’t play a single game for them...
I seriously don't think Shai would be the player he is at most other clubs including the Skunks.

Not picking on Shai hes a gun and a seriously supreme talent, but often these supremely talented kids fail to reach their full potential at rubbish clubs because they get to coast.

Shai got a few swift kicks up the backside to get him on track and he had to work his butt off to get to where he is now.

Hats off to him and he's fast becoming one of our most important players and one of my most favourite players to watch.

Can be a mesmerising player at times so glad he is a Tiger.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Quite a varied selection on the various phantoms for our 1st pick:
Twomey/AFL - Macrae
Balmer/Fox - Poulter
Cherny/Age - Powell
(Staff) afldraftcentral - Maher

Also suggested in several of these that this is only if we don’t trade it out.
Personally Macrae and Powell would be my preferences.

Reactions: 1 user
Quite a varied selection on the various phantoms for our 1st pick:
Twomey/AFL - Macrae
Balmer/Fox - Poulter
Cherny/Age - Powell
(Staff) afldraftcentral - Maher

Also suggested in several of these that this is only if we don’t trade it out.
Personally Macrae and Powell would be my preferences.
Pinto and Turner/Herald Sun - Pedlar

This year draft is all over the shop only academy picks are truly identifiable, plenty of others a toss up.

Drugs probably go tall, they need to.

This year draft is all over the shop only academy picks are truly identifiable, plenty of others a toss up.

Drugs probably go tall, they need to.

This academy crap is a disgrace.
The club's haven't developed them, they have spotted them earlier enough to stooge the AFL.

Reactions: 1 users
Personally i think we will trade out our 1st and maybe even 2nd pick depending on who with and what for.
We could either trade to 2 later picks or into next year.

But if we do keep pick #17 and select all 4 picks i will be hoping for
#17.Jack Carroll / Cook / Macrae
#36 Eddie Ford / Isiah Winder/ Neale
#61 Allison/Treacy/Kolar/McMahon
#79 MRJ

If we trade out it'll be for future pick(s). Most of these kids will be so underdone it isn't even funny.

I wish we could redraft Richo for a yr. Miniml games to build some match fitness
Min wages and plonk him on the bench in our GF win this year.
On/off as needed. :)

Reactions: 1 users
If we trade our 1st rounder for a 2021 pick then I reckon we have our sights set on trading it next year for a player.

If we trade our 1st rounder for a 2021 pick then I reckon we have our sights set on trading it next year for a player.
my thoughts as the trade to Geelong has happened. If our tradition continues, hope geelong have a very bad season like the last two teams we beat.

Problem is they have their soft kill home ground advantage.

Even if they arent traveling well they will still get all their easy wins at Corio to make the 8.

Freo, GWS, GCS, Sydney, North, Crows, and the likes all played at Crapdinia.

What a draft!
wow! Anyone still having a few celebration drinks?

Why would we swap 1st round picks and lose a year of development with a likely top two team next year? More risk than reward.
We have Rcd, Ross, naish, stack,CCJ, Dow that we need to get games into. Not sure a pick 20 woukd be substantially better than any of that crop. Pick 16 & 18 next year is a strong hand next year for however we want to use them.

We have Rcd, Ross, naish, stack,CCJ, Dow that we need to get games into. Not sure a pick 20 woukd be substantially better than any of that crop. Pick 16 & 18 next year is a strong hand next year for however we want to use them.
Pretty risky. Ross has his limitations, Stack peaked at career game number 7, Naish is a bust, Dow was disappointing, CCJ's career is on a knife's edge and we haven't seen RCD at the highest level.

• Wow