Who we are selecting with our first pick? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who we are selecting with our first pick?

It looks as though we are hoping someone we highly rate (best available, ideally KPP) slips through to our first pick, & if not we’ll trade the pick for some better currency next year. Reading between the lines it looks like there’s not a huge amount of players we rate or view many as speculative given the situation. We are in no rush to improve short term so now is a great opportunity to solidify our long term hand at the draft table.

I feel like it’s appearing a mid could slip through & if not we’ll trade down & take two players in the 30-40 zone & then a later bid on MRJ. Pretty sure we’ll land one mid & one KPP + MRJ.

If we trade that first pick out, I see us ideally packaging that with one of our 2nd or 3rd rounders next year to move up a round. Assuming we can package with the 2nd rounder from the saints next year to upgrade to 1st round. Probably a little bullish here...

This would leave us with MRJ, + mid & KPP

+ next years draft haul of two 1st rounders, a 2nd rounder, & two 3rd rounders. Where I think we ideally target

1 inside mid
1 outside mid/flanker
1 KPD
1 KPF
1 needs based pick on how our current crop progresses

I can see something like this coming to fruition & TBH I’d be pretty happy with this given we don’t have any urgent needs for next year

Of course I’d also be happy taking a slider if it happens...

Reactions: 2 users
Hopefully we *smile* off pick 17 and use it to stooge a club that thinks theyre a top 8 side next year.
Eg. Freo, Carlton, Melbourne, Sydney

Collingwobbles first round picks have been eye watering bad.
6E01B5D2-746D-447A-BE10-EC0640B677D2.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users
How good will it be to watch them crash down the ladder.

Their fans will lose it dead set.

Hopefully we can go a long ways towards facilitating that by belting them when we play them.

They shouldnt have played finals this year save for Melbourne and The Giants both shitting the bed losing to the Crows..

They are goiig to be hard pressed to hold off the Blues and the GoDeez next season as they push for that spot in the 8,as for the Giants well who knows, Hogan, Finlayson, Himmelberg, Greene and Riccardi still gives them a potent front half, just not as imposing as it is with Cameron.

They still have enough quality to make the finals.

Young Riccardi and Himmelberg are the ones to lead the Sherbies forward, Hogan might play an important role as a foil.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
What games are essendrugs playing?
keep you hands off Rioli

Essendon are going to bid for Rioli.
There’s an easy way around this ... bid on Eyre or Brand their two academy players (who we are supposed to be interested in anyway) at 36. If Essendon match that will use up their 44 so they won’t have a pick until after our 3rd. If they don’t match we get a young KPP with the potential to both be a good player and annoy Essendon fans for the next decade.

Reactions: 4 users
Collingwobbles first round picks have been eye watering bad.
View attachment 11330
Add to this the fact that in 2016 they thought they were going to get Shai Bolton. We’d been heavily linked with Elliot Himmelberg, so they thought Shai would slide through to them. Instead we took Shai with the pick before theirs and they chose Sam McLarty who didn’t play a single game for them...

Reactions: 1 users