Woke politics discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Woke politics discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you quoted me....

1. Agree totally. It has been politicised and weaponised. Bloody shame.

2. Agree again. I would to.

3. Think I stated as much previously, just not as well.

4. As I said... Uni students. Those who occasionally seem to relish ramming how woke they are down other's throats. Those ppl who are woke, tend to be high-quality, intelligent and aware people, and don't feel the need to let everyone know it.
Thanks K3.

Don’t hang around uni students much these days !! My kids are older now.

Reactions: 1 user
My daughter's friends are mostly uni age kids who are pretty progressive but I've never encountered any who "ram their wokeness down my throat". Maybe they know I'm woke as hell so the conversation never comes up.

My daughter's friends are mostly uni age kids who are pretty progressive but I've never encountered any who "ram their wokeness down my throat". Maybe they know I'm woke as hell so the conversation never comes up.

I'm giving that a 10 out of 10! Gold!

Well, maybe a 9/10 and a strong silver... ;D

Last edited:
  • Love
Yeah, i must admit I dont know many uni students, but certainly in the media, and social media, the word "woke" has been misappropriated by those who one might call "right wingers" if one believed in labels.

This thread started, not because socially aware people were using the word, but because it was being thrown around as an insult.

Here's the entire conversation from that clip above. I hadn't heard of this bloke but he's pretty interesting.

I meet a lot of uni students all the time, barely ever hear the term woke.

Sky News use it all the time, that moron who bans books in Florida uses it all the time.

Pretty clear who is in love with using the term woke and it sure as hell ain't those who are aware of historical prejudice and how it continues to this day.

DS

Reactions: 3 users
Received a email on Wokeism in Canada from a former colleague .38 minutes long but very interesting.

Divisive is the new mantra …its real meaning is “ I don’t give a *smile*”

How is showing the LGBTIQ community that the council cares about them “divisive” ?

Reactions: 2 users
Divisive is the new mantra …its real meaning is “ I don’t give a *smile*”

How is showing the LGBTIQ community that the council cares about them “divisive” ?
But to gag a Councillor not to speak to Council staff does seem to be somewhat extreme. The Councillor is the Voice of her constituents so they have gagged them as well.

pretty 'woke' from hairdresser Michaelia Cash on the ACT drug law reforms,

".....when police see someone doing a line of coke - and guess what, you can now do about 15 lines...historically they may have intervened, they're probably not going to now."

"15 lines" ...where did she pull that from?

Last edited:
But to gag a Councillor not to speak to Council staff does seem to be somewhat extreme. The Councillor is the Voice of her constituents so they have gagged them as well.
You didn’t answer the question.

I have no idea why she was banned from speaking with them. Maybe she was abusive, who knows ?

You didn’t answer the question.

I have no idea why she was banned from speaking with them. Maybe she was abusive, who knows ?
Is it the norm these to fly flags outside Council officers that represent minority groups who we accept into the community as being equals. She also was ordered to undergo a Personal Development Course what ever that is. I see She represents Portsea, Sorrento . Blairgowrie ,Rye & Tootagarook & to represent that community one would think a Councillor there would not need to do a Personal Development Course. Aint bogan country is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.