2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
No No No. Enough of that.

We are waiting to target him late with a.....Bowes and Arrow...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast will put pick 7 in a box and wrap it with a Bowe.

I shall see my self out.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Just incredible whichever way you look at it. Was it 5 years? Even if he was on $1 for the first 2 or 3 it's still OTT. what were they thinking? I can't think of a case of player overpayment that comes close.
B.Hill & Z.Williams (to be an inside mid) on $900 would be pretty close

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Suns asking for the incoming club to take the whole salary so surely, @ $825per year, they couldn't be asking for a pick back??

If they want a pick back they can keep part of the salary.
Same mess GWS are in, they are more or less forced to trade as they need the salary gone. This IMO is why GWS can't be asking for overs in return for Hopper providing we take his whole salary off them for next yr. Which is what we should be doing as a bargaining chip.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Fox reporting that we are interested in Stocker, I see Bowes as a much better version to be honest. Stack probably goneski.
There's the cheap free agent pickup u spoke of lol. Stocker link is odd as we apparently didn't rate him in his Draft yr, tho Carlton thought we were going to take him so traded for the pick before & we picked up RCD.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Not sure about this salary dumping, clubs who mismanage their books can just flick someone who may not be all that keen to leave.
If clubs are allowed too move someone and their salary on as well as a draft pick, not sure they should get a pick coming back to them. They need to be penalised for stuffing things up.
I agree on that 100%. On the Clubs side it's probably to give them more power given contracted players request trades every yr & the Club has to trade them to their chosen destination which in some cases would mean they don't get the best deal.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
what? Next year is a bumper crop? Now where did I heat that before? Oh yeah, last year. And the year before that. And before that.…

847FFA70-3787-4A6B-B110-448F6C56BF62.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
what? Next year is a bumper crop? Now where did I heat that before? Oh yeah, last year. And the year before that. And before that.…

View attachment 16928
I posted a day or two ago that we should be trying to get a future round 1 pick in this years trade period. Taranto and Hopper this year, a couple of talls in next years draft.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
One of his more sensible rankings.

Alwyn Davey. Meh. Jaxon Binns value for someone if not for being a few cm taller.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Jack Graham.
Well if goes to port (as suggested he may) and they finish top 4 plus academy and any f/s picks(?) we might end up with a pick in the 20’s. (All hypothetical)
Draft picks are overrated.
Cotch will finish in 2023. Prestia will need to be managed. I’d rather keep him for that sort of return

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
?????????? We're looking at trading in Grasshopper n Tarantino to reset our midfield so we're not likely to have any early picks available in this years draft yet he's got us listed as taking two mids n a medium sized defender.
Perhaps the kids should just be listed in prospective draft order without specifying which club is supposedly going to be selecting them .

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Well if goes to port (as suggested he may) and they finish top 4 plus academy and any f/s picks(?) we might end up with a pick in the 20’s. (All hypothetical)
Draft picks are overrated.
Cotch will finish in 2023. Prestia will need to be managed. I’d rather keep him for that sort of return
I don't want Jack to leave either, but with him checking out Port's facilities it's a real possibility.