2023 Women's World Cup | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2023 Women's World Cup

Held my nose and subscribed to Optus for a month. Good coverage with different faces.

Game 2 for the Matildas tonight - still minus Sam Kerr and Mary Fowler who had a minor concussion from training.

Big test against Nigeria who are tough, then a final game against Canada who also will be tough to beat. The plucky Irish girls lost to Canada yesterday so they are done.

Anyone else get the feeling we won't see Sam on the pitch in this World Cup?

Reactions: 1 user
Missed the goal by AUS in extra time first half.

Van Egmond.

AUS 1 NGA 0

As I type this I could see that goal unfolding for Nigeria.

Sloppy defending with under a minute to go.

AUS 1- NGA 1

HT

Last edited:
Maybe they will have to risk Sam Kerr against Canada. Always figured Nigeria would be tough, they are soccer mad and have a huge population, should be better in the men's too but too often fall short.

Sam Kerr is really the face of this tournament as captain of the host country and just a star player, would be such a pity if she doesn't get to play.

DS

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Kerr, fit or not, will need to play v Canada, as a only victory will enable qualification from the group. 'Hill' before tonight just became 'Everest'.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Maybe they will have to risk Sam Kerr against Canada. Always figured Nigeria would be tough, they are soccer mad and have a huge population, should be better in the men's too but too often fall short.

Sam Kerr is really the face of this tournament as captain of the host country and just a star player, would be such a pity if she doesn't get to play.

DS
Talk or rumour , whatever you want to call it, that Sam’s injury Is tournament ending.

Again as I type they get the second.

AUS 2- NGA 3