2024 Richmond Coach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Richmond Coach

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
What was clear last night was that McQualter had no answers/solutions/plan B to what is effectively Dimma's game plan. Having never worked under another senior coach he doesn't know anything else.

It was clear as day that he needed to drop the loose man in defense, even up around the contest and apply man on man pressure. The fact he didn't make that change and let the train wreck continue for the entire game indicates he is not up to the required standard for senior coach.

Predicting it will get ugly for the rest of the year from here as McQualter and the players realize he is not going to get the job and they tune out.

Reactions: 5 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
We will find out answers to a lot of our questions Thursday night at the G, then for the rest of the year.

Is there pride?

Do they care?

Can the coach inact a response from the group?

Is this going to get worse?

Will they do a 2016 late season checkout?

I couldn’t answer any of those questions.

“I wouldn’t say I was shocked, but I was genuinely surprised “ by a performance that was insipid by over 16 players.
It's a big ask after that performance. Everyone looked bad at some stage of the game even Broad and Noah B.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Another player tonight crediting Josh Carr with elevating his game - Zak Butters. Really hope he’s high on the list

Reactions: 6 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Can't help but wonder if the club has kept the process hush hush and taken advantage of the assumption it's Mini's job to lose. I reckon a sneaky way of testing the market without any fan fare or interruption/vying for potential candidates by rival clubs would be ideal.

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Interesting read

Attachments

• IMG_2225.png
    IMG_2225.png
    107.9 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: 4 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Sportsbet haven’t opened their markets yet
But if I was Sports Bet
$1.50 Hinkley
$2.40 Dimma
$50.00 the remainder

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
Interesting read
If true I expect Carr to be coaching Port next season regardless of their finishing position this season. Hinkley would be shipped off to GC and it can all be massaged by the PR people as Ken wanting to move for a new challenge.

There’s no way they’d risk losing Carr if that article is even close to being true.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What was clear last night was that McQualter had no answers/solutions/plan B to what is effectively Dimma's game plan. Having never worked under another senior coach he doesn't know anything else.

It was clear as day that he needed to drop the loose man in defense, even up around the contest and apply man on man pressure. The fact he didn't make that change and let the train wreck continue for the entire game indicates he is not up to the required standard for senior coach.

Predicting it will get ugly for the rest of the year from here as McQualter and the players realize he is not going to get the job and they tune out.
The best thing happened on thurzdey night, McQuack Quack lost any chance of getting the job.
We need someone who can make moves during games, a bloke that will drop blokes not performing and most importantly have a plan B.
We fked up badd, we should've been now going into the McCrae era, but we waited 1 yr to long.
McCrae was the stand out.
Now we end up with a bloke the supporters will dislike from the start.
Adam Yze please No
Gia back to the early 90"s

I would go Carr. Played angry hopefully coaches angry.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
Seems bit unrealistic how Hinkley would accept those terms.
He’d have no choice. Port would appoint Carr and Hinkley could make his own arrangements.

At least by pretending it to be Hinkley’s decision he gets to save face.

All this is predicated on that report being true or close to it of course, but if it is there’s no way Port would risk losing Carr.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Interesting read
Bullshitt.
Was Carr coaching against Collingwood at the G in round 2?
Or is he just getting the pats on the back after the last 12 weeks??
The players look invested in Hinkley. I saw it 1st hand when they were coming off the ground against us. Hinkley is similiar to Northery gets a average group believing they are better then they really are. They are 1 good slapping away from major capitulation.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
The best thing happened on thurzdey night, McQuack Quack lost any chance of getting the job.
We need someone who can make moves during games, a bloke that will drop blokes not performing and most importantly have a plan B.
We fked up badd, we should've been now going into the McCrae era, but we waited 1 yr to long.
McCrae was the stand out.
Now we end up with a bloke the supporters will dislike from the start.
Adam Yze please No
Gia back to the early 90"s

I would go Carr. Played angry hopefully coaches angry.
Welcome back.
After a loss.
As expected

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Hinkley ain’t going anywhere
Thats actually the funniest part of the KOchies in the top 2 after they choke in another home Prelim or lose the Grannie, he's nigh on unsackable, which will devastate the Kochies hoards and even more so should the RFC offer the job to Carr.

That aside I have seen the murmurings re Carr holding the reigns at Port with Hinkley just window dressing.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I don’t know who will be our coach next year. I do however feel like we need a change of coaching style and strategy.

I have no idea whether McQualter brings that or not but I don’t think we should replace Dimma with another Dimma clone

Reactions: 9 users