2024 Richmond Coach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Richmond Coach

I think we’ll pick the right coach of the bunch however I do worry about the holes in the list. I’d hate to be stuck mid table for the next 10 or so years.

Reactions: 1 user
Nathan Buckleys name isn't on the list ....................... but upon reflection I would think it the best choice.

New club, solid experience and very credible skills.............

• Dislike
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Sounds like Blobbo's got something bad about Dew on AFL360 tonight.

• Wow
im definitely intrigued with getting Carr. Seeing Karen cornes squirm a little bit in his seat whenever his name gets mentioned as possible candidates makes me think he must be very good. Personally I reckon corn wanted him to take over from Hinkley this year but Hinkley has performed too well to get sacked now. Also hearing how carr’s had a big impact on certain players and game style.

However, like others have said, now that the sugar hit of Mcqualter replacing dimma has subsided, it’ll be interesting to see how mini goes for the rest of season from this point on, his official interview should start from now.

Reactions: 3 users
I hope they don't rush the process and appoint Mini.
Not saying he can't do the job.
There's around 8 weeks to go.
Say announcement happens very soon then we lose 5 or 6 of the 8?
They need to take their time with the whole process.
In 4 weeks from now Mini will have coached 9 games and they will have a larger sample size.
Currently 5 games in and he sits at 3 and 2.
That said however with Benny and stay calm Balme involved you could not have two better people to make a sound choice.
Go Tiges!

Reactions: 1 users
Sounds like we will go through the full process which is great! I have no idea about the who’s the best candidate but I really like the sound of Josh Carr

Reactions: 7 users
I hope they don't rush the process and appoint Mini.
Not saying he can't do the job.
There's around 8 weeks to go.
Say announcement happens very soon then we lose 5 or 6 of the 8?
They need to take their time with the whole process.
In 4 weeks from now Mini will have coached 9 games and they will have a larger sample size.
Currently 5 games in and he sits at 3 and 2.
That said however with Benny and stay calm Balme involved you could not have two better people to make a sound choice.
Go Tiges!
Given that it has already been announced that he will go through the same process as everyone else applying there are not going to be any quick appointments made.

Garry Lyon and Tim Watson mentioned on SEN they had both heard Hayden Skipworth from Collingwood being in the mix.

• Dislike
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Carr
Yze
McQualter are the 3 I like based on what I've heard around the traps in and out of the industry, but whoever the process ends up giving us I'll back in the decision

im definitely intrigued with getting Carr. Seeing Karen cornes squirm a little bit in his seat whenever his name gets mentioned as possible candidates makes me think he must be very good. Personally I reckon corn wanted him to take over from Hinkley this year but Hinkley has performed too well to get sacked now. Also hearing how carr’s had a big impact on certain players and game style.

However, like others have said, now that the sugar hit of Mcqualter replacing dimma has subsided, it’ll be interesting to see how mini goes for the rest of season from this point on, his official interview should start from now.
What Cornes thinks and what is reality are usually two mutually exclusive concepts.

The process, the process, the process.

The club has said that they'll go through the process.

With Benny, Balmey, Livo etc in charge, I'm pretty sure that they'll definitely go through "The Process"

We're not Carlton, St Kilda or Richmond of old, thankfully.

Main criteria for our next coach should be someone who’s tasted :cupgold success as a player

Garry Lyon and Tim Watson mentioned on SEN they had both heard Hayden Skipworth from Collingwood being in the mix.
Are we serious? I would rather have Matthew Hayden
Yze, Gia or this bloke then we are going back to the glory years of the early 1990s.
No fken way

That cancels out Josh Carr then.
Mini hasn't either, but he knows the players and club, the players know him. I'd rather we saved time and stuck with him. Any 'too close to be mates' concerns will disappear when future recruits come in. We're not a club who has gone through the usual path of failing. We only need a new coach because Dimma left suddenly.

Be interesting to see if Grigga puts his hand up. There was talk of him as a player that he would be a coach one day as he was tactically very astute and it was something he would gravitate towards. At the least he would have a good inside view of Geelong.