A-League threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

A-League threads [Merged]

Re: A League Football 2006-2007 (merged)

Doolz85 said:
been waiting for tonites match all day, cant wait to get to the dome, should be a cracker. will be good to see sarkies play a lot of minutes.

anybody else going?

I'll be there mate.

i'll be in the cougar bar by 7:15pm with my victory shirt on

Ian4 said:
i'll be in the cougar bar by 7:15pm with my victory shirt on

You and about 50 others.

I had the kid with me so no cougar bar for me... very tough game - Perth played well defensively but never really looked like scoring - one good header and one good shot. Very hard to break down and we looked very flat for most of the game.

Top effort by Brebbers to get the crucial goal.

yeah it was a quality strike, gave the goalie no chance.

At least the Melbourne Victory never give up and keep going (the last 2 games being perfect example....as well as the Sydney-FC game in Sydney too).

Just wish my Reds had a bit of heart like the Victory, at the moment... :-X

less rotations will be better for us i think liverpool. i couldnt beleive it when rafa actually went with the same 11 two games in a row. :eek:

antman said:
very tough game - Perth played well defensively but never really looked like scoring - one good header and one good shot.  Very hard to break down and we looked very flat for most of the game.

Top effort by Brebbers to get the crucial goal.

yeah they played like the italian national side ::)

Another good win by the Victory...heard Muscat has a knee injury though.... :-\
Hope its not a bad one...

Watched some of the Victory game,I thought QLD were the better side but for a terrible own goal & another goal which QLD should have prevented.Victory should win the title,anyhting less would be a disappointment.

Another good win by the Victory...heard Muscat has a knee injury though.... :-\
Hope its not a bad one...

8 players injured from that game - Pierkowski may be the only one who doesn't pull up though, training will be interesting this week.

Watched some of the Victory game,I thought QLD were the better side but for a terrible own goal & another goal which QLD should have prevented.Victory should win the title,anyhting less would be a disappointment.

Yeah, typical queensland performance. Look good but can't score. I think Melbourne sat back after the two goal lead.

Top game last night with Perth dominating but only scoring 1 against the jets in the first half. Jets equalised and then Glavas scored for Perth in the 94th minute (only 3 minutes were added on!)

Fair play to Perth, they deserve a bit of luck. The Knights will be stung for the game against Victory coming Sunday.

piorkowski is a very underrated player imo, would be a big loss if he doesnt come up from injury. if rather have all the injuries now than at the end of the season

Doolz85 said:
piorkowski is a very underrated player imo, would be a big loss if he doesnt come up from injury. if rather have all the injuries now than at the end of the season

Agreed - Leijer and Vargas get all the press but P. is just as effective.

i heard on the radio today that the victory may be deprived of a asian champions league spot (which they were supposed to get if they win the minor premiership). not sure of the reasons why... does anyone know?

Ian4 said:
i heard on the radio today that the victory may be deprived of a asian champions league spot (which they were supposed to get if they win the minor premiership). not sure of the reasons why... does anyone know?

got your 10 pack ready ian?

This article from the very pro sydney mike cockerill explains the situation.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/football/melbourne-faced-with-hollow-victory/2006/11/17/1163266779450.html

Whose fault is it? The AFC is being bureaucratic but these are the existing rules. The FFA thought they could change the AFC's mind but to date have not done so for this year - but they have agreed to change it for next year.

As the rules currently stand - Sydney and Adelaide go to ACL next year.

Minor Prems and Champions for this year miss out completely.

Minor prems and champions for next year will go straight into 2008 ACL.

The meeting tomorrow will be the last chance for the FFA to persuade the AFC to change the policy directly for this year - but it does not look good... :-(

As long as we don't do a Melbourne Storm! :mad:

No use dominating all season, and then losing the final!

when is the grand final? i think it's feb 18. i leave for thailand that day... is someone able to confirm the bad news for me?