A-League threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

A-League threads [Merged]

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Re: A League Football 2006-2007 (merged)

Liverpool said:
Antman,
Didn't Fred play out on the right against Sydney, with Muscat/Brebner partnering each other in the middle...and Caceres out on the left?

I haven't watched the game from the other night against Sydney yet :-[ ...was at the rugby, and taped the Victory, but haven't got round to watching it yet.....so was just wondering.

OK - watch it - interesting game and a quality second half from the Victory after a crappy first half.

Yeah, Fred right and Caceras left -thats the normal formation - and that's how they were in the first half. Aaron Healy the assistant coach spoke about this on SEN's Victory Hour Tuesday night. You can download a media file of this if you want at http://www.melbournevictory.net/media/victory_hour.mp3 - its about 6 minutes in.

They switched around in the second half - they put Caceras onto the right to try to stop Ceccoli who was blitzing in the first half. They had to take Pierkowski off for concussion and put on Pantelidis who played really well. Fred switched to the right. It really worked - both players combined well for both goals.

Fred and Sarkies don't quite play in the same position, but Sarkies got plenty of starts when Fred was suspended. It would be great to fit Sarkies in somehow but Fred is playing brilliantly - great workrate now as well as the flashy stuff.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

A ho-hum four nil win over the Kniqhts on Friday night.

More of a challenge against the CCM this Friday at the Dome - check it out if you have nothing to do, should be another bumper crowd and a good game.

tannerztigers

He will Conca the world
Jul 4, 2006
Jan Juc

Is anyone doing A-League tipping on sportal.com.au????? im 3rd overall and consitering i dont know that much about it i think im doing pretty good.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

tannerztigers said:
Is anyone doing A-League tipping on sportal.com.au????? im 3rd overall and consitering i dont know that much about it i think im doing pretty good.
I started tipping on footytips.com.au but was so crap I gave up. 3rd place sounds pretty good to me.

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg

i thought allsops goal was really well set up, it was also good to see a goal from a set piece. i think thats a big weakness of ours

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg

WOW, what a belter of a match last nite...
i can hardly talk this morning coz of all the yelling. 3 all, four goals scored in teh first 12 mins, we got the equaliser in the 87th minute, we only had 9 men in the second half. what a game.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Doolz85 said:
i can hardly talk this morning coz of all the yelling. 3 all, four goals scored in teh first 12 mins, we got the equaliser in the 87th minute, we only had 9 men in the second half. what a game.

That was as good as a win - 9 men dominating 11 for much of the second half. We had four clear chances, they had a couple of half chances.

The crowd went nuts. Where were you doolz? I was up the latrobe st end with the "South End" supporters. When they get jumping you can feel the stands shaking, its unbelievable.

PS Fred, Archie and Super Dan are gods.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

Doolz85 said:

belter of a game was the understatement. sensational game of soccer. i went home thinking we won the game. we really did outplay them with 9 men.

GR

That's Mr. Richmond to you son!
Nov 21, 2004

Just finished watching the replay, what a game!!!  :happy

Play Perth on Oaks Day, might head over after the races. :beer

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg

im northern, im northern, im northern over here ;)

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Doolz85 said:
im northern, im northern, im northern over here ;)

Sweet - but it's "North End", not Northern. Do you actually sit in the middle with all those maniacs?

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg

dunno about that, a guy i know has been going since their first game and is sure its northern, i dunno, all sounds good to me.

i dont always stand in the the middle with them, buut im generally there or thereaboots.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

GR said:
Just finished watching the replay, what a game!!!  :happy

Play Perth on Oaks Day, might head over after the races.  :beer

is that why they scheduled the game on the thursday? damn horse races! it's a real inconvenience for me but i'll be there...

it's definately north-end/south-end. they crack me up because i actualy heard them on foxtel when we played away in sydney

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Doolz85 said:
dunno about that, a guy i know has been going since their first game and is sure its northern, i dunno, all sounds good to me.

i dont always stand in the the middle with them, buut im generally there or thereaboots.

Yeah, sing what you want, as long as you have a good time. The funny thing is North End/South End chant which started at Olympic Park is actually the wrong way round at the Dome - the North End (BWB - Blue and White Brigade mostly) stands at the Bourke St end (south) and the South End (SDC - Southern Death Crew) stands at Latrobe St end (north).

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

GR said:
Just finished watching the replay, what a game!!! :happy

Play Perth on Oaks Day, might head over after the races. :beer

Come down GR, its gonna be another great night.

FightingFury

Its back to Brooke time again!
Nov 25, 2003
Richmond

antman said:
Doolz85 said:

Yeah, sing what you want, as long as you have a good time.   The funny thing is North End/South End chant which started at Olympic Park is actually the wrong way round at the Dome - the North End (BWB - Blue and White Brigade mostly) stands at the Bourke St end (south) and the South End (SDC - Southern Death Crew) stands at Latrobe St end (north).

I went on friday night, had a great night.
You couldn't have fitted much more action in....goals galore,2 send offs,dramatic equallizer and a non-stop singing and chanting show.....awesome entertainment.
I was walking up Bourke St about 6pm when that BWB mob walked past chanting some old gems from the English leagues,including the old Millwall one.."No one likes us we don't care" :hihi
I used to go to the soccer regularly in London,and now it seems I have a good reason to go at home too :)

Although the premium seats and free food and beer helped too..........

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg

been waiting for tonites match all day, cant wait to get to the dome, should be a cracker. will be good to see sarkies play a lot of minutes.

anybody else going?