AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Clarkson but his reputation as a great coach off the 2008 grand final win.
No one gave them a chance but they knocked off the cat’s.
It was a super effort by hawthorn

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Fo
Some people ask the question where Hardwick and Richmond would be without Martin but I don’t hear anyone asking where Clarkson and the Hawks would be without the 2004 draft.

Roughead, Franklin and Lewis from their first 3 picks! 3 Hall of Famers in a draft that yielded 5 decent players in total!
And arguably an even better draft a couple of years earlier in which they recruited two Premiership captains in Hodge and Mitchell.

Clarkson deserves to be called a great coach, but with Hodge, Mitchell, Buddy, Roughead and Lewis at my disposal i reckon I could've snagged a premiership coaching the Hawkers.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yeah, and that often happens because she's not scared to go at anyone. Watson hates her so anyone that listens to SEN in the mornings will always get a negative angle on her stories. Brayshaw hates her. Eddie hates anyone the has a go at him or his Pies.

It's strange, people on here claim to hate the AFL and the media boys club and she's one of the few who stand against that. Yet they don't like her either.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Some people ask the question where Hardwick and Richmond would be without Martin but I don’t hear anyone asking where Clarkson and the Hawks would be without the 2004 draft.

Roughead, Franklin and Lewis from their first 3 picks! 3 Hall of Famers in a draft that yielded 5 decent players in total!
Throw in Hodge unbelievable captain. The Voss of Hawthorn

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Gotta give Caro credit. She obviously has an inside line at Hawthorn and used it perfectly.

Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
It's strange, people on here claim to hate the AFL and the media boys club and she's one of the few who stand against that. Yet they don't like her either.

Fair point. But she is eminently unlikeable as she never (well very rarely) says she was wrong, talks over the top of people and does the politician thing of answering a different question to the one she gets asked.

But if she goes after the AFL I find that enjoyable.

And she is one of the few who stands up for Saturday afternoon grand final and tells hutchy to go *smile* himself.

6/10

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Correct, he intimidates everyone on any program he's on. It's probably his reason for inserting himself into FC. Caro hasn't had much to say about Collingwood.

Pretty sure she managed to frustrate Eddie so much that he staged a walk off the FC set. She wouldn't let go of her questions despite his reframing of her questions in his answers.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Pretty sure she managed to frustrate Eddie so much that he staged a walk off the FC set. She wouldn't let go of her questions despite his reframing of her questions in his answers.
What, last year re Sidebottom with information that was already in the public domain?

There’s a hell of a lot going on at that club right now that we’re not hearing about.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Eddie makes the Wednesday FC unwatchable. Bullies and blusters, talks over everyone and ultimately brings everything back to Collingwood and for sure believes he is still president.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’m not a great fan of quite a lot of the AFL media AA, my reasons are their arrogance , the way they’ll *smile* on a player then expect them to be forthcoming with information , and the fact they can’t admit when wrong , don’t like the type of person some of them are. The only way I see/read anything a few of them write is bloody re tweets or on here . As for their ability to analyse a game of footy , I’d rather subscribe to some of PREs finest , then the media , some are just woeful and too stuck in the ways and let there hatred or love of clubs shine through.

An most importantly they use big words I don’t understand :))

Just on Caro , I’d say she’s as good as any at getting info about the “ gossip”

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
What, last year re Sidebottom with information that was already in the public domain?

There’s a hell of a lot going on at that club right now that we’re not hearing about.
The point I'm making is that she does go after the Pies as well. She was leading a fair bit of the board turmoil at the Pies this year.

I wouldn't know what's happening at the Pies, I don't have inside sources.

But even that fact gives weight to Caro's stories. She goes when she's been given inside info. She doesn't just make stuff up or rely on BigFooty for her scoops.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I’d rather subscribe to some of PREs finest , some are just woeful and too stuck in the ways and let there hatred or love of clubs shine through.
If that's what you think of PRE's finest, I hate to hear what you think about the rest of us

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
The point I'm making is that she does go after the Pies as well. She was leading a fair bit of the board turmoil at the Pies this year.

I wouldn't know what's happening at the Pies, I don't have inside sources.

But even that fact gives weight to Caro's stories. She goes when she's been given inside info. She doesn't just make stuff up or rely on BigFooty for her scoops.
They’re in the Supreme Court right now trying to stave off an EGM intended to tip out the board.

Collingwood has largely been protected from public scrutiny of its inner workings.