AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

Which brings us back to Caro and her stories. She doesn't make stuff up, she relies on her contacts and sources to feed her stories or to confirm rumours she hears
Good for her. She changed tack a few times on Clarkson's intentions and when challenged on her Mitchell allegations, refused to provide detail.

I reckon if Clarko ends up at Collingwood after she said they're out of the picture, it will confirm that she's done a lot of guessing on this one, just as she appeared to do re Hardwick.

Don't think I've been a Caro-basher over the years but I'm still scratching my head at claims she's been 100% vindicated now that Clarkson's departed. Many others called the same outcome, and earlier than Caro.

Don't think she's as good as she once was.

Reactions: 2 users
Eddie makes the Wednesday FC unwatchable. Bullies and blusters, talks over everyone and ultimately brings everything back to Collingwood and for sure believes he is still president.
Does that with everything, I don’t know how people tolerate him , absolute pig of a man

Gotta give Caro credit. She obviously has an inside line at Hawthorn and used it perfectly.
Some have suggested it was Clarko's manager. Perhaps she was played to help Clarko get the outcome he wanted. Perhaps she was complicit?

Certainly a lot of 'Alastair' in her commentary and not much Clarkson.

Some have suggested it was Clarko's manager. Perhaps she was played to help Clarko get the outcome he wanted. Perhaps she was complicit?

Certainly a lot of 'Alastair' in her commentary and not much Clarkson.
She also refers to “Damian” as well though.

They’re in the Supreme Court right now trying to stave off an EGM intended to tip out the board.

Collingwood has largely been protected from public scrutiny of its inner workings.

True, but no club wants an EGM, that's just how it is these days. No club wants dirty laundry aired publically fuelled by nuff-nuff members and wacky board challenges from a few blokes with funny hair organised down the pub. The next board will be sorted out behind the scenes with a bit of strategically leaked info and some insight from people like Wilson.

There's never any shortage of people willing to talk to a journo in any footy club.

It's a sad, dirty game to play. The house always wins.

I stopped following AFL media after our 2017 premiership, so I'll open a thread like this in bemusement of the importance some place on the power games being played out in disguise as a story. When clubs aren't competing on the field, they find no shortage of people willing to compete for preferential treatment by the media.

But at the end of the day, it's all biased, distorted muck that has no meaning. Deny someone's request to give them information or they'll write a negative story about you. Tell someone what happened and they'll write a negative story about your opponents next week. Receive praise on all the talk shows, then get requested to give them a little information in return. They'll make sure you're looked after by the commentary team, or they'll be your best friend trying to improve your public image, but they just need some gossip about a teammate, otherwise the other guys in the media will bury you during the half-time analysis.

There's no value in trying to influence the imaginary narrative of a tiny bubble of people who have convinced themselves they rule the world. But that won't stop all clubs from trying.

Reactions: 3 users
Maybe ease up a bit there on Nonna’s lasagna Joey….
You know how out of shape people sometimes have a photo of someone they physically want to aspire to for motivation?

Joey has a photo of Stewart Dew.

Reactions: 1 user
Wondered why this thread dropped off page 1, then I heard that Robbo is off work after a heart op.
Whateley is as bad and at times unbearable.
I don't watch it any more.
I watched Footy full of Shiit last night and Caro said to Lyold stop wearing your black and red slippers after lyold was shitting himself Essendon were actually make finals without him.
And he lost his nut and said don't tease me, caro you don't like when i tease you and Hutchy sat there eating his Chicko roll while Kane Cornes was ass licking him again.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Whateley is as bad and at times unbearable.
I don't watch it any more.
I watched Footy full of Shiit last night and Caro said to Lyold stop wearing your black and red slippers after lyold was shitting himself Essendon were actually make finals without him.
And he lost his nut and said don't tease me, caro you don't like when i tease you and Hutchy sat there eating his Chicko roll while Kane Cornes was ass licking him again.
Footy Classified was horrendous last night (excpet for Lloyd who was ok). I really just want to make finals this year to give the footy industry the *smile*.

Footy Classified was horrendous last night (excpet for Lloyd who was ok). I really just want to make finals this year to give the footy industry the *smile*.
Hutchison should give it up. He should never be on T.V.
What did Dimma do to Cornes THEY actually played together.
He was very very careful not to bag Walker because Walker is out of the game and he might Kod him

Reactions: 1 user
That was disgusting. WTF is wrong with that lot. Cherry picked a few comments from over several years of dumb footy journo quesions and piled onto Dimma's return serve. At least Lloyd come to his defence. Do they really think any decent Journo could not cherry pick from ANY coach pressers and find similar garbage. Look at Malthouse, Beverige, Sheedy, Lyon just to name a few. I hope Dimma gets word of that garbage and bans not only 3AW but all of thosw wankers. Gutter Journalism from Wilson, Hutchy et el.

Reactions: 4 users
Cherry picked a few comments from over several years of dumb footy journo quesions
They didn't show him punching Hugh Riminton on the nose. Probably because it didn't happen, but it should have.

The one where he walked out - can't remember the subject, but Hardwick had already warned that's enough questions on it.

Caro invited his wrath by speculating on how his private life had affected the club, without knowing the facts.

The one thing they got right was that he needs a holiday.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users