AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
She talks *smile*, doesn't listen to opinions other than her own and argues for the sake of it most of the time. Time she was moved on

I enjoy reading her pieces and like her on FC. Does talk *smile* and is wrongly criticised for her knowledge of the sport. Give me Caro any day over Eddie, Hutchy, Blobbo. I don’t always agree with what she writes or says but I do respect her rights to say/print them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
What scoop? Anyone who thought Clarko would coach hawks next year is a fool. Leaving now is not surprising, what was the point of staying? They aren’t in contention so it means nothing from a premiership point of view. And the Hawks haven’t been relevant for 5 years as a powerhouse club. The big scoop would be naming who is going to coach. Or breaking the initial story. Clarko and hawks are basically irrelevant. The Pies fiasco a much bigger story for mine.
Just think for a moment. She had the info about a meeting, where she said people at it left with the impression that Mitchell would prefer be coach next year.
Mitchell comes out and talks about not saying anything like that IN THAT MEETING. If she was making stuff up, he would have said, that meeting didn't happen. But it did. She found out. How?
Throwing darts at a dart board? No, because someone in the room told her or someone in the room told someone close to them, what was said. If clarko wasn't in the meeting (which also wasn't denied) who else might have been, and what benefit would they get from the story leaking?
Perhaps, someone hoping Clarko would take the hint and go?
The reason she's good, apart from the detailed sources, is how she constructs the story. Too many people make assumptions about what she's saying. The words used are very deliberate. Then when their assumed understanding mis-aligns with what she actually said, she's made stuff up etc.

Reactions: 5 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Just think for a moment. She had the info about a meeting, where she said people at it left with the impression that Mitchell would prefer be coach next year.
Mitchell comes out and talks about not saying anything like that IN THAT MEETING. If she was making stuff up, he would have said, that meeting didn't happen. But it did. She found out. How?
Throwing darts at a dart board? No, because someone in the room told her or someone in the room told someone close to them, what was said. If clarko wasn't in the meeting (which also wasn't denied) who else might have been, and what benefit would they get from the story leaking?
Perhaps, someone hoping Clarko would take the hint and go?
The reason she's good, apart from the detailed sources, is how she constructs the story. Too many people make assumptions about what she's saying. The words used are very deliberate. Then when their assumed understanding mis-aligns with what she actually said, she's made stuff up etc.

Agree with this. I was more convinced with Caro's Hawthorn story as it contained a lot more detail as to what happened, as opposed to the vague 'people at the RFC aren't happy with Hardwick' story.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Too many people make assumptions about what she's saying. The words used are very deliberate. Then when their assumed understanding mis-aligns with what she actually said, she's made stuff up etc.

Yeah, and that often happens because she's not scared to go at anyone. Watson hates her so anyone that listens to SEN in the mornings will always get a negative angle on her stories. Brayshaw hates her. Eddie hates anyone the has a go at him or his Pies.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What scoop? Anyone who thought Clarko would coach hawks next year is a fool. Leaving now is not surprising, what was the point of staying? They aren’t in contention so it means nothing from a premiership point of view. And the Hawks haven’t been relevant for 5 years as a powerhouse club. The big scoop would be naming who is going to coach. Or breaking the initial story. Clarko and hawks are basically irrelevant. The Pies fiasco a much bigger story for mine.
I agree she was digging but not in the right spot.
He number 1 agenda was Clarkson wouldnt coach Hawthorn next year.
Since 2015 alongside North and GC, Hawthorn have been the worse performed with a trajectory going down every year.
Why would hawthorn keep him?
Kennnet is a politician if dosent see results especially the money Clarkson was on, he was on going to be on thin ice especially now sitting in the bottom 4.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Since 2015 what kids has Clarkson brought through that look like A Graders?
I can't think of one.
Good coach but not in developing kids.

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Yeah, and that often happens because she's not scared to go at anyone. Watson hates her so anyone that listens to SEN in the mornings will always get a negative angle on her stories. Brayshaw hates her. Eddie hates anyone the has a go at him or his Pies.
Watson along with every other bombers supporters despise her because of the way she reported the drugs saga. By the end of the saga they had her dishing out the injections in a backyard injecting room personally. They loathe the way she went after Hird.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Is Clarkson the best ever?, the plastic media want you to believe he is.
He did really well early because of the things that hawthorn did in the early 2000's, before he even walked in the joint
They traded Croad got Hodge, bent over North with Thompson and Footscary with Rawlings.
He has been a disaster with list management.
In my 50 years ive seen better Coaches, Hafey, Barrasi, Sheedy,
And Hardwick isn't far away compare what Clarkson had when he arrived at hawthorn to what greeted Hardwick the first day he got to Punt Rd. Hardwick is a star.
I just see Clarkson as good coach, that's it.
Lets not make a big deal about because the footy media haven't got anything to talk about.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Hardwick is better compare what Hardwick had in 2010 Nason and Nahas and Agus Graham to Clarkson Hodge, Mitchell, Roughhead, Franklin and Lekkas
It's certainly arguable, 3/12 years v 4/17. But they both started from a low base.

Clarkson maybe ahead thanks to winning prematurely in his fourth year. But like a few premiership teams of that era, plenty of Hawks were on the chemicals. You just can't discuss it.

Clarkson years 9/10/11, Hardwick 8/10/11. Hope Hardwick's next five years don't follow suit.

Last edited:

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
It's certainly arguable, 3/12 years v 4/17. But they both started from a low base.

Clarkson maybe ahead thanks to winning prematurely in his fourth year. But like a few premiership teams of that era, plenty of Hawks were on the chemicals. You just can't discuss it.

Clarkson years 9/10/11, Hardwick 8/10/11. Hope Hardwick's next five years don't follow suit.
First time I have ever heard anyone claim Hawks were on the juice. Scratching my head.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Hope Hardwick's next five years don't follow suit.
Purely depends on list management L2R2R.
Do we follow Hawforns method of nudging out older champions n dumping our early picks for flaky injury plagued gun players from other clubs desperately trying to go one more?
Or do we follow a different path? Retain our champions, for the cultural guidance n structure. Dig deep into the future with a strong draft hand of youngsters, plus perhaps pick a quality current youngster who still fits our longer term needs. Refresh n go again?

2021 trade n draft period will point the way

Reactions: 1 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Some people ask the question where Hardwick and Richmond would be without Martin but I don’t hear anyone asking where Clarkson and the Hawks would be without the 2004 draft.

Roughead, Franklin and Lewis from their first 3 picks! 3 Hall of Famers in a draft that yielded 5 decent players in total!

Reactions: 3 users