AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Did Hardwick just admit he has two years left in coaching? Or thereabouts?

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I know he didn’t say 2 years but I am just thinking his contract expires in 2 years and by then I don’t think we will be contending.
I thought he answered the question on the basis of how many years he had left on his contract. He looked up and couldn’t remember…thought about it…then said 2.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I know he didn’t say 2 years but I am just thinking his contract expires in 2 years and by then I don’t think we will be contending.
He spoke about his contract expiring in 2 years, but if he's learning from Bill Belichek (successful NFL coach for 20+ years), I reckon he'll stay with us longer if we keep going well. If we turn into an Esserdon, he'll know his time is up.

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
The way I heard he said once we are not in a position to contend he is out.
Once we are not in a position to contend Dimma will change his mind and want to stay on.

It is like the many players who say when they are 22 that they will retire when they are 28. When they get there, they never want to retire.

Reactions: 3 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Dimma is super comfortable.
With Clarkson gone he is the best coach in the comp by the length of the flemington straight.
He has no worries, no stress.
if things don't work our with us, he will have job somewhere in 10 seconds.
Having a coach so comfortable flows onto the playing group.
As long as Hardwick is coaching us we are in good hands.

Reactions: 6 users