AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
After hearing that I could. I suspect he has learnt from his mentor Clarkson that once you come off the mountain and down the other side it's not much fun.
Clarkson didn’t exactly leave the next moment they didn’t make finals. In fact if Kennett didn’t push him out the door he would still be at Hawks.

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Once we are not in a position to contend Dimma will change his mind and want to stay on.

It is like the many players who say when they are 22 that they will retire when they are 28. When they get there, they never want to retire.
Didn’t Cotchin say he couldn’t see himself playing on all that long when he signed a contract extension with us before we started winning Grand Finals?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Clarkson didn’t exactly leave the next moment they didn’t make finals. In fact if Kennett didn’t push him out the door he would still be at Hawks.

Yep and I think Hardwick has probably heard that if Clarkson had his time again he wouldn't have gone on that long and tried to squeeze more success out of a declining group. I think he wants to avoid that.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
I don't watch 360, but Hardwick knows when, how, and what to say wherever he is.
They wouldn't appeal Marlions case if they didn't think they have a chance.
Hardwick knows the AFL and it's media are joined at the hip.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I don't watch 360, but Hardwick knows when, how, and what to say wherever he is.
They wouldn't appeal Marlions case if they didn't think they have a chance.
Hardwick knows the AFL and it's media are joined at the hip.

My take is they know he did the wrong thing and would have taken a week any other week, but are devastated at the timing with his having designed the dreamtime jumper.

I think the appeal is more about showing support for the bloke by leaving no stone unturned than expecting him to get off.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Pers
My take is they know he did the wrong thing and would have taken a week any other week, but are devastated at the timing with his having designed the dreamtime jumper.

I think the appeal is more about showing support for the bloke by leaving no stone unturned than expecting him to get off.
yeah, agree. The timing sucks.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Yep and I think Hardwick has probably heard that if Clarkson had his time again he wouldn't have gone on that long and tried to squeeze more success out of a declining group. I think he wants to avoid that.
The difference is that we have continued to add young talent instead of trading away draft picks on endless top up players. I think that significantly changes the dynamic between the coach and players and opens the possibility of Hardwick staying on through the next phase.

Reactions: 5 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013

agree to a point TBR. bad timing - but of course they are going to support him, regardless of the situation.
Hardwick still isn't going to go on TV and throw in the towel.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
After hearing that I could. I suspect he has learnt from his mentor Clarkson that once you come off the mountain and down the other side it's not much fun.

The really smart men come to realise,

Theres not much difference between the top of the mountain, or the bottom.

But i suppose that really smart men,

Generally dont coach footy teams

Reactions: 3 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane

Or maybe we are going to go full legal and take it to the courts in the hope of it rolling into next week, getting an injunction for him to play this week in the meantime?

Maybe I need to stop watching Law and Order

• Haha

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Dimma all but confessed to ripping cones in the coach's box.

(Hearsay - I never watch these shows.)

• Haha

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Marlion might get off. Dreamtime might focus the minds of the judges to err on the side of good even if he didn't go to Geelong Grammar. Probably won't though. At first I thought he should get off due to numerous precedents where its been decided nothing to see here just because the player wasn't knocked out, but apparently the criteria has changed? Something about graded as medium although actually low?

All charges of bias aside, IMO he didn't get him in the head, but it looks like he might/ could have, could go either way.

I thought Robbos mention of Danger knocking out Vlastuin in the GF as being notable because he got off with no case to answer was interesting. Was that a footy media first?

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Marlion might get off. Dreamtime might focus the minds of the judges to err on the side of good even if he didn't go to Geelong Grammar. Probably won't though. At first I thought he should get off due to numerous precedents where its been decided nothing to see here just because the player wasn't knocked out, but apparently the criteria has changed? Something about graded as medium although actually low?

All charges of bias aside, IMO he didn't get him in the head, but it looks like he might/ could have, could go either way.

I thought Robbos mention of Danger knocking out Vlastuin in the GF as being notable because he got off with no case to answer was interesting. Was that a footy media first?
while Pickett didnt absolutely hammer him, he hit him hard enough that you would think some damage would have been done if he got him high.
to me the video is inconclusive at worst, and Moore's response suggests it wasnt high.
i dont think i am biased in this instance, but i cant see how he should be suspended.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
So Robinson was taking Lynch to task for the elbow to Impey but later was taking the Essendon midfileders to task for not smashing Parker

Robbo lesson 1. Violence is ok if you have a red sash but not if you have a yellow sash and your name is Tom Lynch

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
So Robinson was taking Lynch to task for the elbow to Impey but later was taking the Essendon midfileders to task for not smashing Parker

Robbo lesson 1. Violence is ok if you have a red sash but not if you have a yellow sash and your name is Tom Lynch
Yeh, basically sayng the bombers need a line in the sand game where anything goes. What a hypocritical *smile*.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
He’s funny old fella is Blobbo:

”I’m not into violence, well I am a little bit. But next time Parker gets the ball you gotta take him out!”

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
He’s funny old fella is Blobbo:

”I’m not into violence, well I am a little bit. But next time Parker gets the ball you gotta take him out!”

His recent illness has done nothing to increase his already challenged intelligence.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Think of the endless references to Cotchin/Shiel but Vlastuin getting knocked out cold by Danger's cocked elbow barely rates a mention.
Truly a disgrace that action didn't go to the tribunal the week after the Grand Final.

• Angry
Reactions: 13 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We are screwed when Hardwick leaves.
We will end up with a king doofus.
Can't believe Hird and Pkyes names constantly come up.
I hope Kingsley takes over

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
We are screwed when Hardwick leaves.
We will end up with a king doofus.
Can't believe Hird and Pkyes names constantly come up.
I hope Kingsley takes over
Yep someone internal makes more sense. Kingsley seems the best chance so far as I was hoping Fly would've been the one.