AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Find it amazing these two twats are on TV.
I thought having a personality was the key to hosting a good show.
This just proves that theory.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Amazing isn't it, when he says this he is acting as if the media is some sort of remote third party. He is part of the media, continually brings this up, and then laments that it is still being talked about. Does he seriously think most people can't see through this?

If you don't want this to be the big issue, don't make it the big issue. Riewoldt just batted it away but it was Robbo and no-one else who raised Hardwick's private life as a topic in that interview above.

DS
Even his article in the paper is the same.
He goes on about the 'media' will quickly use Hardwick's private life as the reason to any failure this year.
Ive read alot of footy news, the only bloke in the last 3-4, weeks to bring up Hardwick's private life is Robinson.
The media as a whole is dumbfounded how nothing seems to derail us.
What ever happened to the 'best and hardest' premiership to win narrative they were all spewing out last year.
As soon as we won it, it was just a interrupted season.
Gerard Healy is the worse, the shiit he was saying during the WC/Freo game, totally backs up that the media can't believe how good we are. In more then 45 years of following the club, the respect towards us by the media is disgraceful.

Reactions: 4 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Can't wait for tonight's show. Got the feeling that Mince is really gonna have a crack at what he thinks the game needs where more rule changes are concerned. Let's face it, we need more changes. Game is in disastrous shape. Think he might want 10 minute quarters and no tackling. Think he's looking to get on more AFL committees.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
The shorter game push will be on in earnest now. To my chagrin even Peggy promoted it. They couldnt get AFLX going so now let's homogenize the actual game. Glad we got our flags when we did.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Can't wait for tonight's show. Got the feeling that Mince is really gonna have a crack at what he thinks the game needs where more rule changes are concerned. Let's face it, we need more changes. Game is in disastrous shape. Think he might want 10 minute quarters and no tackling. Think he's looking to get on more AFL committees.

Yep, that should fix it - more rule changes and let's ignore that the previous rule changes did not lead to the desired result.

No idea how they get higher scores with even less game time.

Also no idea what game we're likely to see in a few years, will it still be Australian Rules Football?

DS

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
It's not the TV stations that are complaining about the length of the game is it? I thought it was just media plonkers like Whateley and Robbo that were whining (and doing Gil and SHocking's bidding).
Wouldn't be like Whateley to be whingeing about something would it...

I got Kayo last yr (as i couldn't attend games obviously) & I like the "on demand" feature as with F1 for example, when i get home from work the race has already started so i can watch it from the start without knowing whats happened already & as with the Footy the coverage is insanely good.

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Back in '95, the big wigs from Foxtel visited my ad agency to spruik the new service.

While there was lots of hubris surrounding its launch, Australians at the time were really sceptical about paying for content that was previously free. From the pollies (anti-siphoning legislation) to the advertising industry (will the audience be there and what will be its quality?) to the ordinary punter (it costs how much?), Foxtel was starting from a long way back.

It was really only when Galaxy fell over a few years later that Foxtel found its feet but it's never been an easy road for subscription TV in this country.

Anyway, I asked just one question at the presentation back in '95: after the two year moratorium on advertising had passed, would Foxtel begin showing ads?

No, came the reply. If we did that, we'd lose our competitive advantage. Hmm ...

In Australia, we're not accustomed to paying for broadcast content if we have to watch ads, too. It's a kind of double-dipping and the audience here doesn't like it.

Aussies have embraced catch-up TV, in part, because they can skip through the ads. Catch-up perfectly meets the needs of most Australians. If there is one thing we don't like, it's being pissed on and told it's raining.

As an adman, I can tell you it's getting harder and harder to reach our audiences. As a punter, I love being able to sidestep the ads!
I must be a Neanderthal when it comes to the fast forward function button.. On SBS catch up the ads seem to be unskipable... But that's when I catch up on PRE.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
I must be a Neanderthal when it comes to the fast forward function button.. On SBS catch up the ads seem to be unskipable... But that's when I catch up on PRE.
I think you'll find fast forward only works on delay, so if you pause a program for say 5 minutes at the start while you read PRE you can FF during the ads to gradually catch up.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Tune in to Fox 504 7:30pm tonight for 'One Night In Brisbane' Premiership Special!

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
And now he is relentlessly but covertly bagging the average punter. "Do you feel comforted?" is his uppercut question around the day GF.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

No, I think the ads on SBS Catch Up are not able to be fast forwarded or skipped, I know I've looked and haven't succeeded. Similarly all the copyright warnings on a DVD r Blu-Ray often can't be fast forwarded or skipped.

Maybe I'm a bit Neanderthal too!

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
No, I think the ads on SBS Catch Up are not able to be fast forwarded or skipped, I know I've looked and haven't succeeded. Similarly all the copyright warnings on a DVD r Blu-Ray often can't be fast forwarded or skipped.

Maybe I'm a bit Neanderthal too!

DS

If you can't skip the ads I find the mute button is great. Cuts out the shouting and stupid banter so you can think about other things.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
If you can't skip the ads I find the mute button is great. Cuts out the shouting and stupid banter so you can think about other things.

Yep, and with the crap at the start of a DVD I just let it play while still watching broadcast TV, so the actual show (or, to be honest, Grand Final) is ready to go when I switch to the DVD Player.

DS

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Don’t watch it.

Can’t cope with Gerald & Robbo.

Robbo and I have history..

Was a Geelong fest with Dangerdive yesterday, Scott & Cook on SEN this morning.

Jack is great though I get told.

Is Jack back this year?