Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Rancey another heading to the Suns! Sheesh.
I'm pretty surprised by this given he didn't like the grind of AFL football when he walked away.
Being an assistant coach means he's likely to have less of a life than he ever did as a player.
I guess everyone has to put bread on the table but it's definitely an interesting appointment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
So the Suns have Drummond (VFL), Rance, Grigg, Miller, King, Shaw, Kaesler, and Kornberg on the books so far... We have McQualter (will either be head
coach or likely to leave if not), Morris (VFL), Rutten, Teague (surely will leave?), Clarke (Norf pushing to acquire him), Lonergan, Lambert. You would expect at least 3 of our existing coaching staff to leave?

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Funny Rance brought a property up here in January and demolished it and is building a new house
Dimma buys property in March and settled last week
Interesting world we live in , that’s for sure

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
So the Suns have Drummond (VFL), Rance, Grigg, Miller, King, Shaw, Kaesler, and Kornberg on the books so far... We have McQualter (will either be head
coach or likely to leave if not), Morris (VFL), Rutten, Teague (surely will leave?), Clarke (Norf pushing to acquire him), Lonergan, Lambert. You would expect at least 3 of our existing coaching staff to leave?
Did we even replace Kingsley? This whole promoting from within thing needs to be rethought.

Reactions: 3 users

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane
I'm pretty surprised by this given he didn't like the grind of AFL football when he walked away.
Being an assistant coach means he's likely to have less of a life than he ever did as a player.
I guess everyone has to put bread on the table but it's definitely an interesting appointment.
In the quote from him it didn't sound like a full-time assistant role, more a mentoring of key position plus leadership role. Probably is only part time helping Dimma out.

Here's the quote:

"I will do something at the Suns, I am working with ‘Dimma’ and the management staff on what that looks like and I think it probably lends itself more to the key-position craft, cultural stuff, which I really enjoyed.

“That is still a bit more ‘TBC’, but (we are) working through the finer details. Dimma is building his little band up there and I think it is going to be really exciting times.”

Doesn't sound to me like a full-time assistant coach role to me.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
In the quote from him it didn't sound like a full-time assistant role, more a mentoring of key position plus leadership role. Probably is only part time helping Dimma out.

Here's the quote:

"I will do something at the Suns, I am working with ‘Dimma’ and the management staff on what that looks like and I think it probably lends itself more to the key-position craft, cultural stuff, which I really enjoyed.

“That is still a bit more ‘TBC’, but (we are) working through the finer details. Dimma is building his little band up there and I think it is going to be really exciting times.”

Yeah sounds like he has moved to the Gold Coast and has found a part time gig to help pay the bills.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I wouldn’t be too worried about Rance coaching at GC and not Richmond. He’s a different cat and not everybody’s cup of tea.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

Here's the quote:

That makes more sense. Cheers Wildride.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I wouldn’t be too worried about Rance coaching at GC and not Richmond. He’s a different cat and not everybody’s cup of tea.
Yeh, haven't met a single JW that I'd like to spend extended time with. Their faith ultimately defines them.

Reactions: 2 users