Changes for Prelim v geel (Friday Sept 20) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Prelim v geel (Friday Sept 20)

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Dimma hasn't made panic selection changes before a final since the bad old days of Griffins and Conca begin selected pre the North elimination final. He blinked then, just doesn't do it now.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
people have been doing this for weeks. Plucking names for the sake of plucking names. Pickett, Aarts, etc. We have a settled 22. There will be no change. If there is, it will only be based on a horses for courses policy. Ellis won't be dropped. Short won't be dropped. you can put your house on it.

Stack's only chance of playing in the Prelim is if someone gets injured at training. But even then that's unlikely given his own injury situation.

I mostly agree.

An 8 goal win on the road in a Q final = no change.

But Bellis was bad enough to add a tiny bit of intrigue.

Plus we have the VFL prelim this weekend.

someone (cough cough) could kick 5 goals off the wing, knock out Jordan Lisle and take the mark of the millennium.

actually just realised there's potentially 2 blokes could do that. They could both do it, provided Lisle passes a concussion test.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Ellis was really poor but he's done that before, copped a whack on the bum and then lifted. Expect him to survive if only because Stack and Pickett don't have the miles in the legs, KMac hasn't been burning up the VFL and Menadue has never stepped up to H&A level, let alone late September levels.

Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Other than injury, I'd say the only possible changes from here are KMac for Ellis and Stack for Short, with Pickett the wildcard for either spot.
I think people have to give up on Short getting dropped. He came straight in after a long lay off and there has never really been a hint of him gonig out. i would be stunned if they dropped him now.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I think people have to give up on Short getting dropped. He came straight in after a long lay off and there has never really been a hint of him gonig out. i would be stunned if they dropped him now.
If Stack comes in, who goes out?

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I would drop Ellis but i actually think they won't bring Stack in (or make any changes)

Reactions: 2 users

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
so with our opponent being geel...do we need Nando or someone more mobile to cover stanley and biclavs?

Last edited:

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Should be an interesting game this arvo. Ross, Pickett, Balta, Chol and even Butler CCJ and Menadue will be playing to try and force their way in if a spot opens up.

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
playing the cats...

soldo out
best available runner .... picket or macca
would love stack but No risk policy that ankle won’t be rwady

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

plus he is improving each game, trajectory has been up for a month.

Reactions: 1 user

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
No Hawkins could mean Geelong play a smaller forward line, and it might be wet.

In: Stack
Out: Soldo