Changes V Carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Carlton

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I know we're not a clearance team but the number of times we got the hit out and they waltzed away was concerning. Blues midfield will rip us a new one next week unless we apply more pressure at stoppages
Yep, has been an issue for quite a while, Nank was huge in the last quarter.

crackajack71

What Tiger?
Oct 19, 2006
Could be time to go with Balta as the second ruck.
I like this with Balta second ruck
Out: Soldo Sheds Tarrant
Ins: Lynch Lambert Miller
Miller seems cleaner with his hands and makes better choices than Tarrant

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
IN: a 1000 tedious, inane calls for Soldo to be dropped

OUT: common sense

the team we roll out after the bye is the one - barring return from injury - we are settled on for the campaign.

i think if the coaches were asked how they think Ivan is tracking they'd say slightly ahead of expectation considering how much time his big frame was out of the football furnace.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Dimma is determined to get Edwards 300 games. If he is going to stay the course, it must be as the sub as he has been horrible all year. It's over.
you reckon Edwards is only playing so he can get to 300? i reckon that is nonsense.

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I thought Nank was good, 29 HO's, 16 disposals from 71% game time. Finlayson was...ok, 9 HO's, 14 disposals from 86% game time.
Soldo is struggling, and we need another runner, but on the other hand, Nank was big in the last 1/4. How much of an impact does having Soldo have on Nank's endurance?
Soldo only played 26% of the last. we need the old sub rule back.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

the team we roll out after the bye is the one - barring return from injury - we are settled on for the campaign.

i think if the coaches were asked how they think Ivan is tracking they'd say slightly ahead of expectation considering how much time his big frame was out of the football furnace.

In the context that there are only two certainties in life on PRE i.e.
1 - agree with Carts
OR
2 - be totally wrong

on this occasion I feel quite smug and sensible coz I'd also leave Soldo in the side

At different times last night he looked quite uncoordinated - but then he'd take a terrific composed contested mark. So happy to see him given a chance to run fully back into match fitness and form.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Gez what's going on with Nank and Soldo being toyed by part time rucks 2 games in a row.
Bigger problem was the complete lack of influence our mids had against theirs at the fall of the ball.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
you reckon Edwards is only playing so he can get to 300? i reckon that is nonsense.
Have you watched any of his games this year???? Appears to have hit the wall big time this year, like a marathon runner going into the last two km with nothing left in the tank n trying to find the line on muscle memory.

Reactions: 1 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012

I’d have Soldo and Nank in all year.

It was great to see him clunk a couple late. He looked super shaky up until then. There’s still a big question of team balance with Lynch due to come back in.

I liked Soldo more as a backman than a forward. I wonder if he could sit on a big forward when we need it. He’s always been a good nullifier.

And I don’t think I’ve ever missed a player as much as Astbury last night.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012

It was great to see him clunk a couple late. He looked super shaky up until then. There’s still a big question of team balance with Lynch due to come back in.

I liked Soldo more as a backman than a forward. I wonder if he could sit on a big forward when we need it. He’s always been a good nullifier.

DLTD was in the stands having a good old laugh at Taz

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Use Soldo as LMID as McKay is likely to return.

Feb 25, 2007
Wouldnt surprise me if Edwards and Lambert rotate as subs. Lambert gives us so much running power.
Tarrant stays in and was instrumental in that last quarter. Back 7> Balta, Tarrant, Grimes, Broad, Vlustuin, Rioli, Baker
Gibcus put him forward to partner with Jack and Lynch.

Outs: Soldo, Edwards
Ins: Lynch, Lambert

Edwards (Sub)

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Like to see some serious biffo tonight. Never wish injury on any team, a few 1 week Carlton punches will do just fine. Risk in brining Mackay back earl?? wait and see tonight. Hope the Dons can give them a really physical game, reality is Blues by plenty!

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Wouldnt surprise me if Edwards and Lambert rotate as subs. Lambert gives us so much running power.
Tarrant stays in and was instrumental in that last quarter. Back 7> Balta, Tarrant, Grimes, Broad, Vlustuin, Rioli, Baker
Gibcus put him forward to partner with Jack and Lynch.

Outs: Soldo, Edwards
Ins: Lynch, Lambert

Edwards (Sub)

Thats exactly what I am thinking as well.

Dimma specifically mentioned half a dozen games for Lambo, so I suspect playing games in a row will be difficult and a refreshed Shedda with a game every 2 weeks also makes sense.

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014

As painful as it was to watch Soldo look like someone trying to mark the ball whilst on LSD he’s definitely needed in the team structurally.

Nank can’t be everywhere all the time; he can’t cope with certain ruck opposition and is incapable of delivering the same tap service as Soldo.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
As painful as it was to watch Soldo look like someone trying to mark the ball whilst on LSD he’s definitely needed in the team structurally.

Nank can’t be everywhere all the time; he can’t cope with certain ruck opposition and is incapable of delivering the same tap service as Soldo.
De Koning and McKay (if he plays) are way to agile for Soldo. He was massively exposed against Carlton in Round 1 and will most likely be the same way next week. If McKay doesn't play (or doesn't ruck), they backup ruck is Silvagni. We don't need Soldo against Carlton. We either play with another ruck who can play elsewhere on the field (Balta / Ryan) or we play another runner and use a smaller player in the ruck and Jack / Lynch can take it when its forward when Nank is having a rest

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
De Koning and McKay (if he plays) are way to agile for Soldo. He was massively exposed against Carlton in Round 1 and will most likely be the same way next week. If McKay doesn't play (or doesn't ruck), they backup ruck is Silvagni. We don't need Soldo against Carlton. We either play with another ruck who can play elsewhere on the field (Balta / Ryan) or we play another runner and use a smaller player in the ruck and Jack / Lynch can take it when its forward when Nank is having a rest
I don’t watch a lot oF VFL, but the games I have watched Ryan was huffing and puffing after being worked over by stronger and more seasoned bodies so I’m not sure he’s ready.

And Balta’s position for me is in defence and not rucking, especially considering Carlton’s midfield will most likely get on top at various stages so his athleticism will be most needed there.

Last edited: