Changes V Carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Carlton

bricci

Tiger Rookie
May 7, 2004
1. Very happy with our side (basically best team apart from Dusty - actually interested to see who makes way for him next week if no injuries). Been calling for Nank-Balta ruck combo for a while. Gives us so much more flexibility and rotations. Our backline is settled and looking good. If we can get our forward line functioning and don't give up cheap frees and 50's (Yes Shai Bolton - looking at you) I think we will bolt in.
2. Carlton are much improved but still a level below the top teams - mostly because their backline is sub-standard. Honestly think we win in round 1 if Prestia doesn't go down and their other notable win was against the Swans. They had big fadeouts against Power and Hawks and just hung on! Their injuries have them at a bit of a tipping point now!
3. The conditions should suit us and our selections and definitely not suit them.
4. We don't lose twice to the same team in the same year! (Geelong last year only exception since 2016 I believe). The other teams we play twice this year (Essendon, Hawthorn, Port and WCE) we have already beaten. So can only happen in finals this year if we win this one!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
10°

82%
WSW 8 km/h
Cloudy with occasional light rain. Low around 10C. Winds light and variable
70 percent chance of showers around game time and the few hours leading in , should be a wet ball .

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Carts we aren’t going in with one ruck. Balta is the second ruck. But one who provides us the option to play forward and one who will make Silvagni accountable when the ball hits the deck.
Soldo last week was putrid. Couldn’t judge the flight of the ball and gave us nothing when the ball hit the deck.
And the big plus is our flexibility with rotations. We no longer have a guy who can only get on the ground 58% of the time.
Balta trained 100% forward this week so should spend most of his time there and relieve the ruck, the switch is on if Gibcus struggles with an opponent.

Reactions: 1 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Concede on the weather front for sure.

Soldo would struggle tonight.

Reactions: 1 user

Honest John

Tiger Cub
Sep 12, 2020
So in Summary:
Keep in mind, with Lynch recovering, We have no-one on the Injury List. That won't last. Hopefully no HS protocols this week.
Lambert in for Edwards who will sub. With 10 games to go Edwards needs 7 to make 300. The MC will give him those 7 games out of Respect, pure and simple.
Ralphsmith stays in. He made 2 howlers in the last quarter but was otherwise good. Dropping him would set his confidence back.

Lynch comes in for Clarke, Soldo or Tarrant
Why would you keep any of them?
Clarke stays in because you don't drop a kid after 1 game.
Soldo stays in, to give an advantage over a ruck-depleted Carlton
Tarrant stays in, which allows Balta, Baker, Gibcus or Rioli to drift forward.
Tough choice at MC.

Definitely out
MRJ - Bolton has his job
Miller - give it a couple of weeks, we have an overflow of defenders

Definitely Definitely out
Castagna - Bolton has his job. Take a number behind MRJ
I don't like replying to my own post, but everything I predicted pretty much came to pass. What's more, no likes or reactions. Feeling miffed and unloved

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I don't like replying to my own post, but everything I predicted pretty much came to pass. What's more, no likes or reactions. Feeling miffed and unloved

Edwards not sub - minus 10 points Gryffindor

Reactions: 1 user