Changes V Carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Carlton

Do we have too many talls with Nank, Soldo, Lynch , Balta, Tarrant and Jack in the side ?
Soldo, Lynch , Tarrant and Jack are slow ( along with Edwards now).
We need to keep /get speed into the side so keep Ralphsmith and Clarke n the side.
Does Ryan have speed for a big man - I haven’t seen him play.

I think he’s getting a game each week to get him to 300.
on form he should have been dropped 6 weeks ago.
You seriously reckon Hardwick is jeopardising our season to get Edwards to 300??

A much more likely scenario is Hardwick and the MC know how good Edwards can be and are giving him every chance to find form close to that.

Reactions: 7 users
Wouldnt surprise me if Edwards and Lambert rotate as subs. Lambert gives us so much running power.
Tarrant stays in and was instrumental in that last quarter. Back 7> Balta, Tarrant, Grimes, Broad, Vlustuin, Rioli, Baker
Gibcus put him forward to partner with Jack and Lynch.

Outs: Soldo, Edwards
Ins: Lynch, Lambert

Edwards (Sub)
Tarrant you are kidding right.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Tarrant you are kidding right.

No, I'm not, his last quarter was instrumental, took many saving marks. Kept Dixon to one goal and had 12 disposals and 7 marks. He had some iffy moments but many of our players did, the ball was like soap at times.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
No, I'm not, his last quarter was instrumental, took many saving marks. Kept Dixon to one goal and had 12 disposals and 7 marks. He had some iffy moments but many of our players did, the ball was like soap at times.
He barely held on to of a number of uncontested marks, but the major issue is that he is just too slow.
If he plays on Curnow or McKay next week we will be beaten heavily.
Miller is playing with some confidence over several weeks and he should be given the chance.

It looks like Cerra may miss.
Balta to McKay, Grimes and Broad to double team Curnow, Miller to Silvagni
Soldo and Nank plus Gibcus to relieve.

The following week we have Geelong…
whose tall forwards would eat Tarrant.
Both teams rely heavily on their tall forwards to score.
Playing him over this period in the face of his consistent difficulty would be a monumental error.

He barely held on to of a number of uncontested marks, but the major issue is that he is just too slow.
Miller is playing with some confidence over several weeks and he should be given the chance.

Playing him over this period in the face of his consistent difficulty would be a monumental error.

To be fair, Tarrant was very good on Mackay in Round 1 so I don't think you can categorically say we will be beaten heavily. Out of Tarrant and Miller, I would have a lot more confidence in Tarrant keeping him quiet.

Somehow Miller seems to have gone back to the VFL and become Alex Rance. I like Miller, but come on be serious.

Sorry but Ditto Shedds.

To be fair, Tarrant was very good on Mackay in Round 1 so I don't think you can categorically say we will be beaten heavily. Out of Tarrant and Miller, I would have a lot more confidence in Tarrant keeping him quiet.

Somehow Miller seems to have gone back to the VFL and become Alex Rance. I like Miller, but come on be serious.
McKay ahs been kept to 1 goal twice this year, once by the Dockers and once by Tarrant.
but this time McKay is a certainty to dominate?

You boys are fooling yourselves.
Can’t say Miller would succeed but he is faster, a better kick and better understands the Richmond mode of defence.
He will take on the contest in front of him, which he manages to reach successfully on a large proportion of instances, instead of sitting on a non contesting opponent and watching the ball fly past.

Not hard to see that a matchup of Curnow, McKay, Cameron or Hawkins could lead to thise teams isolating Tarrant in the forward 50.
Don’t like being critical but this was a recruiting error, which should now be accepted as such, with playing time and future career possibilities, no longer wasted on the mistake.

I named my changes before I realised McKay was back, with the plan to play Balta as second ruck. But we'll need him down back, can't put Gibcus on a flying Curnow after the last two games.

B: Grimes Tarrant Vlastuin
HB: Baker Balta DRioli
C: McIntosh Pickett Broad
HF: Bolton Martin Short
F: Clarke Lynch Riewoldt
R: Nankervis Cotchin Prestia
I: Gibcus Lambert Graham MRioli
S: Edwards

In: Lynch Lambert MRioli
Out: Soldo Ralphsmith Edwards

Jack (or Broad) can play second ruck against Silvagni, surely. Try Broad on the wing, Pickett in the guts. We need more oomph at centre clearances and we want to run them off their feet.

Reactions: 1 user
Tarrant improved markedly (no pun intended) in the second half, but remains the odd man out.
In: Lynch
Out: Tarrant
Lambert does not come in, remains the sub.
Essendon is a nothing team, tonight's result is meaningless.
Fine weather for Thursday, so Bolton should recover his form in good playing conditions.

Yes, mIller has been great but in the seniors, the times he has played he was easily outmaneuvered in contests.
Don't get wrong his last 5 weeks have been great in the ressies. Time will tell if he can replicate that in the seniors.

Huh? Tarrant kept Mckay to 1 goal in round 1, and Curnow got doughnuts (1 goal between them)

You're carrying on like Tarrant is some spud. He has been a very good backman for over a decade.
Id go again with Tarrant on McKay and Balta on Curnow. Grimes on SOS

Tarrant is not quick but geez he is strong one-on-one, doesn't get pushed around easy and his overhead marking is getting back to how it was when he played at North.