Connors | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Connors

Re: Conners

Leysy Days said:
Exactly TOOheys Old, it's not.

Leys'd ave' thought by somes reactions he shot Bambi.

Who shot Bambi? How many weeks did he get? If proved he needs to be delisted ;D

davidrodan said:
Leysy Days said:
Exactly TOOheys Old, it's not.

Leys'd ave' thought by somes reactions he shot Bambi.

Who shot Bambi? How many weeks did he get? If proved he needs to be delisted ;D

I heard it was a collingwood player and his dodgy associates

Connors may just be crappin all over his AFL career " BIGTIME".
The lad needs to pull his head in and grow a brain fast.

TigerMasochist said:
Connors may just be crappin all over his AFL career " BIGTIME".
The lad needs to pull his head in and grow a brain fast.

whats he done maso?

From what i've seen of Connors,which is only twice,he shows arrogance which we desperatley need.Let him play with arrogance & he'll blossom.

There was nothing courageous or arrogant or fantastic about the elbow he dished out last weekend at Coburg. Was just dumb. If a player from an opposition side did that to one of ours people would be calling him a weak so and so... And I ain't some soccer mum either. Just putting this thing into perspective. Aggression is fine but stupidity is stupidity.

Bambi, like Blackwell got up. It was just a flesh wound.

He he did give Thumper mixo. (BTW Dean Kemp used to look like Thumper with mixo.)

RROFO said:
the claw said:
i just hope we can develop 3 or 4 more boofheads who can actually get the pill and kick it well.

Hi claw

Agree, nice to see the agro. Have no problem with him being aggressive on the field. The only concern I have, which I voiced on the Coburg thread, is if he can't control himself off the field.

He is young, I shall cut him some slack. Hopefully he is more intelligent than one T. Zantuck. Hopefully his mates aren't complete idiots going to get him into trouble.

I suppose you don't need to be a saint to be a good footballer, you just have to look at W. Carey and B. Cousins. Unfortunately I think our club can do without the distraction ATM.

Hopefully the rumors and just examples of youthful exuberance. It frustrates me that we may have found a real player but he is not going to take it seriously enough to get the most out of himself. That makes me really mad.

For the record I really like what I have seen of the boy so far and I am really look forward to seeing him in the seniors sooner rather than later. Both he and Casserley get me very excited, but they both seem to be having trouble getting themselves into the team for different reasons.

:angel:

I taped the replay of the burgers match and watched the game for the first time last night. Wow....this guy can play. If he hadnt of been suspended then he shouldve been playing for the Tiges on Sunday. I havent seen a guy play like that for our seconds (as a richmond listed player) in a while. His second half was brilliant in crap conditions.

Quite simply it made me feel sick watching him and danny meyer hitting targets in the wet while we have others running around in the ones unable to hit a man -in perfect conditions -by himself 20mts away... It was good to see Danny running on the ball and he did very well in the 2nd half as a tagger...i like the idea of him as a run with player...simply because he has trouble himself finding the pill...this way he is led to the ball by guys who know where to run..and as an extra he can serioulsy hurt you going the other way with his silky skills. Id like to see him get a run for the tiges in this role..a bit like Jacko....not sugar and tivendale....thats not the future....and neither will Danny Meyer be unless he gets another chance.

Anyway i hope COnners, Meyer, Hughes and Casserly get into this team asap...their skills put some of there more fancied senior teamates to shame.

tha8ball said:
It was good to see Danny running on the ball and he did very well in the 2nd half as a tagger...i like the idea of him as a run with player...simply because he has trouble himself finding the pill...this way he is led to the ball by guys who know where to run..and as an extra he can serioulsy hurt you going the other way with his silky skills.

I like the sound of that. Could be a win no matter what for the Tigers

A) He becomes a tagger who can hurt the opposition with disposal - a valuable asset.
B) He learns more about getting the pill himself
C) He turns out to be no good at either, but at least we won't die guessing

tha8ball said:
Anyway i hope COnners, Meyer, Hughes and Casserly get into this team asap...their skills put some of there more fancied senior teamates to shame.

I totally understand the frustrations 8ty but many of these youngsters just don't have the phyical size to play seniors effectively yet.
Tuck, Johnson etc. may turn it over plenty but they do a power of work. Let 'em crash their way through until the end of the year to a wooden spoon and get the kids in the gym over pre-season.
The kids time is coming soon enough. Hopefully we draft more skilled footballers this year too.

Totally agree ToO....although Conners and Casserly look mature enough (size wise) to play AFL..especially if its in a flank role...and Cleve is doing just fine..he will be a very nice player for us in the future.....as for Meyer he may not have next yr to prove himself...thats my worry.

However i get the feeling Wallace is just passing time with this team....for some reason i reckon he really wants one more crop of really talented juniors...to rid some of the older junk...get a very good uncontracted player and then go all out in 2008 and 2009 with a young skilled bunch of players. I totally understand that you cant get rid of all the big bodies...but their time is coming to an end i feel....tuck, sugar, hydey, tiv even joel bowden may find themselves in trouble...its just my gut feeling...i reckon Sunday may have just closed the deal.

tha8ball said:
I taped the replay of the burgers match and watched the game for the first time last night. Wow....this guy can play. If he hadnt of been suspended then he shouldve been playing for the Tiges on Sunday. I havent seen a guy play like that for our seconds (as a richmond listed player) in a while. His second half was brilliant in crap conditions.

Quite simply it made me feel sick watching him and danny meyer hitting targets in the wet while we have others running around in the ones unable to hit a man -in perfect conditions -by himself 20mts away... It was good to see Danny running on the ball and he did very well in the 2nd half as a tagger...i like the idea of him as a run with player...simply because he has trouble himself finding the pill...this way he is led to the ball by guys who know where to run..and as an extra he can serioulsy hurt you going the other way with his silky skills. Id like to see him get a run for the tiges in this role..a bit like Jacko....not sugar and tivendale....thats not the future....and neither will Danny Meyer be unless he gets another chance.

Glad to hear that black ball. McCrae sort of intimated that Connors would have been very close to a game this week if he hadn't been suspended. He also had a good wrap for Meyer as well so maybe hope yet.

Just let Connors go about his craft and learn the caper. He will be a good footballer and by this time next year I think we will all see why. But right now just becuase we have a sub standard set of first string on ballers we should not just deliver them as lambs to the slaughter.

I still would like to see them get a taste over the next eight weeks but winning a flag at Coburg should be a goal.

Speaking with Dan on Wednesday he said had he not been rubbed out he would have most likely been in on Sunday.

I hope the Tigers give this guy a game asap. FFS if the Club is so worried about his attitude, sit him down, tell him what the club requires and give him a game based on FORM.

Geez, everything now is so based on "character", "athletes", "leap" and bloody arm length (!) that we all have forgotten about the guys who can play football!!!!!!!!! I am done with this crud - give me Noble Park Vs Vermont anyday!

The Mighty Wozman said:
I hope the Tigers give this guy a game asap. FFS if the Club is so worried about his attitude, sit him down, tell him what the club requires and give him a game based on FORM.

Geez, everything now is so based on "character", "athletes", "leap" and bloody arm length (!) that we all have forgotten about the guys who can play football!!!!!!!!! I am done with this crud - give me Noble Park Vs Vermont anyday!

:clap :clap :clap bravo :clap :clap :clap

TOT70 said:
I'm confused.

I thought it was Bambi's mum that got shot!

Enter Betty Valentine from the upper hall........ she see's a Bartender in a Pool of Blood, Cries out my God they've killed 'em all........this is the story of.......... ;D