Danny Frawley | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Danny Frawley

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Why after a birthday?? You're leaving a happy wife and 3 happy daughters behind. Why Danny?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Terrible news. Those mental demons that impact everyone in one way or another impact some to a point where they cannot come back from.

Reminds me not only of Robin Williams as others have stated but also of Gary Speed (wales soccer manager at the time). The day before he was his usual self, no indication of troubling him. An ex-teammate John Hartson saw him that day and there was nothing to be concerned about. One day later, suicide note written and he hung himself at his house. The note apparently claimed that his family would be better off without him. That's the power of the mind, convincing yourself of complete untruths.

RIP Danny

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Danny Frawley was a great bloke who led the tigers to a prelim and we should never forget that

He had a way of bringing people together and never took himself seriously.

He was funny and genuine and loved his family

Rest In Peace Spud

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Not knowing his situation, he'd be the last person you'd suspect would be going through such struggles. Amazing how he would always put on the happy clown act on the bounce. At times you could sense it was a bit over manufactured knowing what he was going through. Hope his soul has found peace now.

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The only ones I feel sorry for today are Frawley's wife and three daughters. I just can't imagine what they're trying to deal with right now.

Reactions: 5 users

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
The only ones I feel sorry for today are Frawley's wife and three daughters. I just can't imagine what they're trying to deal with right now.
The ripple effect of such a tragedy is profound especially if someone is in the public eye.

jamo

The face of Evil
Apr 23, 2004
melbourne
Sad news, he was a very honest and genuine man, RIP Danny and condolences to the Frawley family

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Photos in the media today showed wheel marks going into the centre of the tree, at an angle that couldn't be from the road.

Unfortunately there is no question it was a deliberate act. Heartbreakingly sad.

The Age said it wasn't included in the official road toll, indicating it wasn't regarded as an accident. An article on news.com suggests marital and money problems.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The Age said it wasn't included in the official road toll, indicating it wasn't regarded as an accident. An article on news.com suggests marital and money problems.
Marital and money problems. I can understand people committing suicide due to suffering chronic pain (e.g. Herve Villechaize) but not for these reasons.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Marital and money problems. I can understand people committing suicide due to suffering chronic pain (e.g. Herve Villechaize) but not for these reasons.

The underlying depression would've magnified negative thoughts. Then there's his personality type where apparently he needed to be seen as a winner at everything. Complex and personal.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
I wonder how they can know that definitively?
One give away is hitting just about the biggest tree in Ballarat,that tree was a monster which only a local would know,who knows maybe not wearing seat belt, either way it would be obvious if you come across so many accidents and are calling it not road death related within 24 hours.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Very sad, will be remembered with respect and affection by Richmond and StKilda supporters. Such a pity we can't find better ways to support people going through turmoil.

DS

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
Photos in the media today showed wheel marks going into the centre of the tree, at an angle that couldn't be from the road.

Unfortunately there is no question it was a deliberate act. Heartbreakingly sad.
This makes it all the more tragic the fact that he felt this was his best option. He was a spokesman for depression and reaching out yet he couldn't. He knew all the Avenues for help so if he couldn't help him self what chance do other have?

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Extremely sad & tragic as more info is reported that expands on events.

Its such a complex hard issue.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Very sad tale. Danny gave his absolute all at a time we were a very poor football club. Dark times in his final year or so. I certainly appreciate his efforts & feel sad for his family & friends for their loss. Seemed like a great man.

That said I can’t understand the online push for an official ‘golden fist’ award in his honour. The award started out as a light hearted double entendre. I’m sure Danny would find the thought quite hilarious.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Not sure about a "golden fist" award but the Danny Frawley defensive player of the year award makes sense.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Very sad tale. Danny gave his absolute all at a time we were a very poor football club. Dark times in his final year or so. I certainly appreciate his efforts & feel sad for his family & friends for their loss. Seemed like a great man.

That said I can’t understand the online push for an official ‘golden fist’ award in his honour. The award started out as a light hearted double entendre. I’m sure Danny would find the thought quite hilarious.

Exactly, The AFL would *smile* it up for sure , leave it alone

Reactions: 1 users