English Premier League threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

English Premier League threads [Merged]

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Ian4 said:
Spurs now second and will be on top not before long

It's Liverpool's to lose, but gee Spurs are playing some good footy. Son is probably the most underrated footballer in England.

If ManCity were 6 pts clear on top, they'd be unbackable favourites, but there's an underlying air about Liverpool - everyone's waiting for them to slip up.

Arsenal and Chelsea will also be looking over their shoulders now - ManU will come hard for that 4th spot.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Midsy said:
It's Liverpool's to lose, but gee Spurs are playing some good footy. Son is probably the most underrated footballer in England.

If ManCity were 6 pts clear on top, they'd be unbackable favourites, but there's an underlying air about Liverpool - everyone's waiting for them to slip up.

6 points is nothing when you're halfway through the season. we were 6 points behind City only a few weeks ago. I really believe we can do it.

As for Son, he will win the December player of the month. he's a star. we're gonna miss him.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Midsy said:

Arsenal and Chelsea will also be looking over their shoulders now - ManU will come hard for that 4th spot.

Son will be jetting off for the Asian Cup soon surely? They'll miss him.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
antman said:
Son will be jetting off for the Asian Cup soon surely? They'll miss him.

He’ll only miss League games against Fulham and Watford and a nonsense Cup game against Chelsea, so the damage will be minimal.

Possibly the biggest threat to their title challenge is the impending move back to the New White Heart Lane. If it’s mid-season, it could potentially be very disruptive. Interestingly, Potch wants it done ASAP.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Midsy said:
He’ll only miss League games against Fulham and Watford and a nonsense Cup game against Chelsea, so the damage will be minimal.

Possibly the biggest threat to their title challenge is the impending move back to the New White Heart Lane. If it’s mid-season, it could potentially be very disruptive. Interestingly, Potch wants it done ASAP.

I would say Liverpool is the biggest threat

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Hilarious social media on the black cat pitch invader at Everton.

_105457448_mayor.png

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Ian4 said:

Geez they were good second half. Vertonghen gave a masterclass.

I’ll say it again- Son is the most underrated player in the Premiership.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Smoking Aces said:
Great work.

Can I ask how you managed to get tickets for that game?

My wife’s cousin plays a significant role in the ManU Supporter’s Club.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
EFL Championship coming down to the absolute wire. Looked like, in recent weeks, that early leaders, Leeds, were running out of puff and had been swallowed by the chasing pack. Still very much anyone's to win, but gee did they put in a cracking effort against fellow promotion challengers West Brom on Fri night at Elland Rd. 4-0 win against a form side.

Atmosphere was electric. Finding the big clubs in the Championship are creating better, louder atmosphere than the Premier. I guess there isn't a large portion of the crowd that are tourists taking selfies. Instead, these matches are packed to the rafters with real fans.

https://youtu.be/-IUSMqux13c

Get a sense of the Elland Rd atmosphere on Fri night in this clip.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Panthera Tigris said:
EFL Championship comimg down to the absolute wire. Looked like, in recent weeks, that early leaders, Leeds, were running out of puff and had been swallowed by the chasing pack. Still very much anyone's to win, but gee did they put in a cracking effort against fellow promotion challengers West Brom on Fri night at Elland Rd. 4-0 win against a form side.

Atmosphere was electric. Finding the big clubs in the Championship are creating better, louder atmosphere than the Premier. I guess there isn't a large portion of the crowd that are tourists taking selfies. Instead, these matches are packed to the rafters with real fans.

https://youtu.be/-IUSMqux13c

Get a sense of the Elland Rd atmosphere on Fri night in this clip.

Electric atmosphere! Thanks for posting