Footy Classified | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy Classified

Razorgang2 said:
Every Anzac day, I used to root for the bummers, cos I hate the maggots so much, now I will just watch the game and hope its a nil all draw.

I'll be happy to wave a black and white scarf in the air if it means this putrid cheating team gets smashed. I hate them now more than any other team in the league.

Total Tiger said:
I'll be happy to wave a black and white scarf in the air if it means this putrid cheating team gets smashed. I hate them now more than any other team in the league.

This is exactly how I feel too! My hatred of essendon has intensified exponentially since yesterday.

graystar1 said:
Was it a political decision to save the club???

Bet your last penny the AFL and even some connected pollies will do whatever they can to stop ASADA appealing.

I reckon the decision by the "independent AFL tribunal" would most likely had some discussion with the AFL at some point - I mean, the AFL just can't not put their grubby hands into everything - the fact that absolutely everyone, including the players, Little and Hird all thought they were gone, gone because they new they were guilty tells me the tribunal misread the tea leaves.

trouble is people won't forget this and the double standards in how Essendon players got off but other AFL players and other sports get hit is so glaring.

year of the tiger said:
Bet your last penny the AFL and even some connected pollies will do whatever they can to stop ASADA appealing.

I reckon the decision by the "independent AFL tribunal" would most likely had some discussion with the AFL at some point - I mean, the AFL just can't not put their grubby hands into everything - the fact that absolutely everyone, including the players, Little and Hird all thought they were gone, gone because they new they were guilty tells me the tribunal misread the tea leaves.

trouble is people won't forget this and the double standards in how Essendon players got off but other AFL players and other sports get hit is so glaring.

That's right, especially as Tird and Jabba mentioned they were feeling worried about the verdict. There must be a feel of guilt in their statements.

When I heard the verdict the name lance Armstrong immediately came to mind. Never found guilty during his racing days but when new information became available the French authorities who continued to investigate him where found correct. Is this another case of the accused being too smart for the authorities to prove which does not mean innocence

year of the tiger said:

They may be able to stop ASADA, although I doubt it, but if WADA decide to challenge the ruling I don't think there's anything they can do to stop them.

Gotta say with some of the language used by Eddie the past 24 hours I feel like someone is paying attention..;)
You're right, but what I don't kind of get with Eddie is that he's seen as a man of such influence ie; has the ear of virtually everyone in power who either made or continue to make decisions which many of us believe are detrimental to the game..... but it doesn't matter. .. they (whoever the FTR) continue on their merry way.

It's probably why Balmey, I believe, alluded to Brendon not going for the big gig..... it's the last thing AFL want!

Reactions: 1 user
The AFL is eating itself right now.

McLachlan is the quintessential, professional corporate suck and he's not the type to do a runner from a CEO job with someone like the AFL without knowing that some headwinds and subsequent personal brand damage are coming his way. He's getting out now and positioning himself for something else before things turn sour at the AFL.

He'll get a lucrative deal done with the tv/streaming rights, get big pats on the back, then get out before ratings drop consistently for a second and third year, and the acquirers realise they've overpaid and everyone in the sycophantic media starts belatedly saying "The game is in ruins !! Where are the crowds ? Where are the viewers ?? What happened ???"

Reactions: 6 users

McLachlan is the quintessential, professional corporate suck and he's not the type to do a runner from a CEO job with someone like the AFL without knowing that some headwinds and subsequent personal brand damage are coming his way. He's getting out now and positioning himself for something else before things turn sour at the AFL.

He'll get a lucrative deal done with the tv/streaming rights, get big pats on the back, then get out before ratings drop consistently for a second and third year, and the acquirers realise they've overpaid and everyone in the sycophantic media starts belatedly saying "The game is in ruins !! Where are the crowds ? Where
Gotta say with some of the language used by Eddie the past 24 hours I feel like someone is paying attention..;)
Eddie is having a great season, thank god he is still on a show. Now he is clear of the President role he is making more sense than ever.
Also passionately backed Cotch earlier in the year.
He is so far ahead of Sam McClue and Hutch it is laughable

Reactions: 3 users
I think Eddie has seen the light - pandering to Caro, trying to be politically correct and meet the standards set by AFL and media. Apart from a couple of gaffs he towed the line, trying to please all and sundry- then he still got decapitated and was given the lemon and sars.
Now it seems the shackles are off a bit, especially last night. I think Caro was a bit taken aback that he didn’t let her talk over him this time

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, great stuff from Ed. At heart he's a footy fan. And he is a smart bloke who should speak his mind.

Reactions: 5 users
Geez that first 5-10 minutes was very shouty.

Caro is part of the problem in the sanitisation, even criticizing Parker. And Lloyd is an idiot the way he carries on about Essendon should have taken out Shiel and then disagreeing with Eddie about two the stupid bump suspensions.

Reactions: 2 users

Caro is part of the problem in the sanitisation, even criticizing Parker. And Lloyd is an idiot the way he carries on about Essendon should have taken out Shiel and then disagreeing with Eddie about two the stupid bump suspensions.

Lloydy the Velvet Tack hammer

Parliament style. Order, order.

He'll get a lucrative deal done with the tv/streaming rights, get big pats on the back, then get out before ratings drop consistently for a second and third year, and the acquirers realise they've overpaid and everyone in the sycophantic media starts belatedly saying "The game is in ruins !! Where are the crowds ? Where are the viewers ?? What happened ???"
You're disproving your own point. He will get a good TV deal because the game is headed where the media want it to be demographically. It's dissatisfying to the old school demo that the AFL frankly doesn't care about, including (apparently) an overwhelming number of posters in here. But hey, keep complaining to each other, it's making a huge difference.