Indigenous Voice Yes or No? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Indigenous Voice Yes or No?

How will you vote in referendum?

• Yes

Votes: 88 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 30 18.4%
  • Probably yes

Votes: 16 9.8%
  • Probably no

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • Dont know

Votes: 14 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interesting reading through the posts
Many comment on politics and labor / liberal etc
There lies the problem
That was the problem. The voice was the outcome of the LNP asking indigenous leaders what they wanted. The LNP then abandoned the idea for nothing more than political gain. Therein lies the problem. What a deceiptful pack of *smile*.

Reactions: 1 user
Instead we try and have a royal Commission launched by an Indigenous Leader

Jacinta Price isn't an Indigenous Leader. She's a politician that holds the shadow Indigenous Affairs portfolio. That doesn't make her an Indigenous Leader. It makes her a politician.

With the vast majority of Indigenous Australians voting Yes, while Price was the lead advocate for No, she's proven to be completely out of touch with most Indigenous Australians.

People who keep calling Price an Indigenous Leader need to stop listening to Dutton & Co and stop getting your news from News Ltd.

Reactions: 6 users
Jacinta Price isn't an Indigenous Leader. She's a politician that holds the shadow Indigenous Affairs portfolio. That doesn't make her an Indigenous Leader. It makes her a politician.

With the vast majority of Indigenous Australians voting Yes, while Price was the lead advocate for No, she's proven to be completely out of touch with most Indigenous Australians.

People who keep calling Price an Indigenous Leader need to stop listening to Dutton & Co and stop getting your news from News Ltd.
And Albo is an expert ?
Oh dear
Uncle Col Hunter Snr summed it up perfect last week
Gave his son a decent clip on the way through as well
Rather listen and take advice from people who are connected to the indigenous population rather than Albo , Benny Gale , Magda and any other paid sports people
Oh I left Alan Joyce out . Disgraceful human that one !!

And Albo is an expert ?
Oh dear
Uncle Col Hunter Snr summed it up perfect last week
Gave his son a decent clip on the way through as well
Rather listen and take advice from people who are connected to the indigenous population rather than Albo , Benny Gale , Magda and any other paid sports people
Oh I left Alan Joyce out . Disgraceful human that one !!
But you dont listen to Sally Scales, Noel Pearson, Catherine Liddle, The NPY Womens Council, Tangentyere, CLC.......... I could go on.

And Albanese doesnt claim to be an expert. He claims to be listening to the people above and others like them.

What did Hunter Snr say? Link?

Give you two
Uncle Colin Hunter Senior
And Jacinta Price
2?
One of whom rivals Peter Dutton as the person who played politics the most with the referendum? One of whom is a career politician with aspirations to be PM?

But you dont listen to Sally Scales, Noel Pearson, Catherine Liddle, The NPY Womens Council, Tangentyere, CLC.......... I could go on.

And Albanese doesnt claim to be an expert. He claims to be listening to the people above and others like them.

What did Hunter Snr say? Link?
Google interview with Neil Mitchell
Your right , Albo isn’t an expert
His leadership of this country has been very poor
Dead set light weight
Pity we have no alternative either

But you are commenting on the politics as well
I don’t have a political view
I am neither left or right
I leave the political views to the experts on Punt Rd End
Only thing I know , Australia is in a very poor state at present
And it seems lots of pain to come
Interest Rates
Government spending money they don’t have
Political agendas
LGA,s totally out of control ( yes let’s have 5 different color collection bins )
Qantas and large corporations becoming self proclaimed political parties , and let’s don’t forget that little *smile* Joyce taking the Government handouts during CoVid , they ever going to pay back the money
Yep
Enjoy your day
Over and out me !

Google interview with Neil Mitchell
Your right , Albo isn’t an expert
His leadership of this country has been very poor
Dead set light weight
Pity we have no alternative either
I tried googling but cant find anything.

Regardless you didnt explain why you listen to Hunter, and not all the people/organisations I named?

And why you think Price is a leader?

I don’t have a political view
I am neither left or right
I leave the political views to the experts on Punt Rd End
Only thing I know , Australia is in a very poor state at present
And it seems lots of pain to come
Interest Rates
Government spending money they don’t have
Political agendas
LGA,s totally out of control ( yes let’s have 5 different color collection bins )
Qantas and large corporations becoming self proclaimed political parties , and let’s don’t forget that little *smile* Joyce taking the Government handouts during CoVid , they ever going to pay back the money
Yep
Enjoy your day
Over and out me !
You say a lot about politics for someone who doesnt want to say anything about politics!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
You say a lot about politics for someone who doesnt want to say anything about politics!
Ha HA. Yeah I campaigned for the Voice, in case you couldn't tell, had a couple of people say to me 'I'm sick of talking about it, I've had it up to here, don't want to hear another word about it'. Ok no worries I'd say. Then they proceed to chew your ear off for 15 or 20 minutes up to and until you can politely beat a retreat. Ya gotta laugh.

I tried googling but cant find anything.

Regardless you didnt explain why you listen to Hunter, and not all the people/organisations I named?

And why you think Price is a leader?
He's caught Qantas flight outta here!

At least she is indigenous and has some idea in what’s going
Unlike some
Yep, we should have only let indigenous people vote in the referendum ….oh wait !

But you are right in one sense . She is indigenous and that means she has one thing none of us will have which is lived experience. However so have many others and it was our job to listen to all them to help us decide.

I did and I decided to vote yes a long time ago, in fact way before I really knew who Jacinta Price was and before this issue was political.

Last edited: