Indigenous Voice Yes or No? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Indigenous Voice Yes or No?

How will you vote in referendum?

• Yes

Votes: 88 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 30 18.4%
  • Probably yes

Votes: 16 9.8%
  • Probably no

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • Dont know

Votes: 14 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Janet Albrechtsen quoting Australia’s obligations under the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination, that's gold. i never knew she was such a supporter of UN.
She probably isn't ,but she's just quoting what Australia had signed up to.

Just plain wrong mate.

Here's what the proposed constitutional amendment is.

It's absolutely clear - the Voice "may make representations" ie advise.

The Parliament makes the laws.

The worst thing about this whole debate is the absolute lies and falsehoods that are spread by people like you.
Like l said Antrid ,it will all depend on what the advisory council want from parliament ,because the woke Labor party will not say no to anything.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
She probably isn't ,but she's just quoting what Australia had signed up to.

Like l said Antrid ,it will all depend on what the advisory council want from parliament ,because the woke Labor party will not say no to anything.

What parliament does is up to the parliament - the constitutional amendment doesn't change that. If you don't like Labor, vote them out. If Labor makes a legislative change, that legislation can be changed by any government at any point in the future, just like any other piece of legislation.

Reactions: 1 user

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
I'd stick to my original - Tiga and Benghazi don't want anything to change, no matter how small that change might be. They are that threatened by it.
If it was soooooooo small there wouldn't be such a big fuss about it,but it's not.
It's time to bring Australia together as one nation,and stop divisions.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
If it was soooooooo small there wouldn't be such a big fuss about it,but it's not.
It's time to bring Australia together as one nation,and stop divisions.
how is constantly calling our government "woke" (definition- aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues) helping bring Australia together as one nation, and helping stop divisions?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
How is voting no even a thing or a possibility. Just boggles the mind.

Dutton's racial dog whistling is for a reason. There are plenty that for one reason or another don't think the Indigenous people are better placed to provide input into how to solve their own issues. Once that dog whistle is blown, people will parrot what the coalition throw out and claim it to be fact because Sussan Ley said it.

None of those reasons make any sense to any rational person who can look at the simple facts. But the "No" vote campaign doesn't want people to educate themselves on what the Voice is about. It's the last thing they want people to do. It wants them to remain ignorant. So much so that they have based their advertising campaign on it "If you don't know, vote No". In reality, Dutton is playing a purely political game. If he can disrupt Albo's Voice, Dutton thinks his position as leader will be more secure.

If anyone still needed proof that Australia is still inherently a racist country, you need to look no further than what's happening with the Voice referendum to see that it's indisputable.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was drawn up by the United Nations in 1948 and Australia was one of the original signatories. Article one says: “All human beings are free and equal in dignity and rights . . . “. Article two says: “Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this declaration without distinction of any kind, such as race . . . “.

If the referendum succeeds, everyone would still have the same right to vote and to seek to influence public policy. But those represented by the voice would have something extra.
I like these bits.

1. Australia signed The Universal Declaration of 1948 as one of the Og signatories - "All human beings are free and equal in dignity and rights."
Did we miss the bit where they then continued to deny certain (black) human beings the, not insignificant, human freedom and right to vote for at least another 14 years? Or maybe the fundamental human right of a parent to raise their children for another 20 odd?

2. "Everyone would still have the same right to vote."
Teeheehee. I see what you did here. See above.

3. "Those represented by the voice would have something extra."
Yes. Extra. Can't abide it that a blackfella could have access to more stuff than me. More than a whitey. They're gettin' rich offa my sweat and labour! They're takin' our jobs, stealin' our wives and kids! They're gettin' free land! Oooh wait.....

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
How is voting no even a thing or a possibility. Just boggles the mind.
What, you're not convinced by the "what we are doing at the moment isnt working and until it does we shouldnt change it." argument?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Pathetic lolol.
So you think there's NO chance of financial reparations IF the Voice succeeds .
The Voice is a bit like signing a contract to buy a house ,without fully knowing what house you will get.

Sounds like the housing industry as currently functioning under capitalism . . . but I digress.

This post just shows your massive ignorance. The Voice will have no power to decide on reparations. Not that reparations are on the agenda anyway, the Uluru Statement was about Voice, Treaty and a Truth Telling mechanism. The only people talking reparations are the right wingers fuelling their pathetic scare campaign

When I call you and your arguments pathetic, you could at least try to mount a case which casts some doubt on my assessment, rather than doubling down and proving my assessment . . . just a suggestion.

DS

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Sounds like the housing industry as currently functioning under capitalism . . . but I digress.

This post just shows your massive ignorance. The Voice will have no power to decide on reparations. Not that reparations are on the agenda anyway, the Uluru Statement was about Voice, Treaty and a Truth Telling mechanism. The only people talking reparations are the right wingers fuelling their pathetic scare campaign

When I call you and your arguments pathetic, you could at least try to mount a case which casts some doubt on my assessment, rather than doubling down and proving my assessment . . . just a suggestion.

DS
Thank you for the advise oh mighty Oracle.
Reparation discussions have already begun in Queensland ,and are SUPPOSE to be in the pipeline for Vic/Nsw .
I would like to know what are the Reparations for .

I think your very naive if you think that there won't be any Reparations at federal level .
What happens to the current Australia day ,which the minorities are so against .
What happens to the Australian flag .
One of Twiggy Forests agriculture businesses wanted to get water rights ,and was knocked back because their is suppose to be mythical serpent that travels along the river.
What happens to National and State parks ,if they are deemed to be of culture value.
Netball Australia is crying out for sponsors ,yet because of disgusting comments made by Hankock decades ago,they wouldn't except money from his daughter.
This was caused by one person,who wasn't even born when those comments where made .
Im sure there are many more examples ,and things won't get better by voting Yes ,it will cause more division than what already exists .

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Thank you for the advise oh mighty Oracle.
Reparation discussions have already begun in Queensland ,and are SUPPOSE to be in the pipeline for Vic/Nsw .
I would like to know what are the Reparations for .

I think your very naive if you think that there won't be any Reparations at federal level .
What happens to the current Australia day ,which the minorities are so against .
What happens to the Australian flag .
One of Twiggy Forests agriculture businesses wanted to get water rights ,and was knocked back because their is suppose to be mythical serpent that travels along the river.
What happens to National and State parks ,if they are deemed to be of culture value.
Netball Australia is crying out for sponsors ,yet because of disgusting comments made by Hankock decades ago,they wouldn't except money from his daughter.
This was caused by one person,who wasn't even born when those comments where made .
Im sure there are many more examples ,and things won't get better by voting Yes ,it will cause more division than what already exists .
So reparations have begun without The Voice? There goes one level of your argument.

• Haha

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
So reparations have begun without The Voice? There goes one level of your argument.
Don't you find it a coincidence that now the Voice is being discussed ,that state reparations are being talked about ,or in Queenslands case being organized .
What are the reparations for,and who's paying for them,you would hope only the big hearted naive yes voters will.

My argument still stands ,NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THE END RESULT WILL BE IF YOU VOTE YES .

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Don't you find it a coincidence that now the Voice is being discussed ,that state reparations are being talked about ,or in Queenslands case being organized .
What are the reparations for,and who's paying for them,you would hope only the big hearted naive yes voters will.

My argument still stands ,NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THE END RESULT WILL BE IF YOU VOTE YES .
Personally im predicting the end of civilisation.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users