Is it time to panic? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is it time to panic?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
After what I've seen in the last 4 years I don't think I'll ever panic again. The fall has to come sometime. I'm prepared for it.
Same here. Whatever happens we got the gold in the bag. Don't mind who wins the flag this year especially now that Copywood is dead. Would love to get the experience in the kids and challenge the 2022 flag. Do it like the NE Patriots and just become a top 8 team for longer years rather than a short term.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
After what I've seen in the last 4 years I don't think I'll ever panic again. The fall has to come sometime. I'm prepared for it.
This. The club has given me the best 4 years I can ever remember in all my time of following them. I didn’t think it could get better than 2017 and then we got 2019 and ‘20.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Panic? You kidding me, we are so far off having to panic.

Every team wants to beat us, we are the threat they can't avoid (I love it that Richmond are the team everyone has to factor in).

We have to evolve and adapt, it is always the way. We will evolve and adapt. We will make the 8, are a decent chance of still getting top 4. If we make a PF then we're a chance. Threepeat? Maybe, maybe not, but we will improve with injured players back. Some of the young players show some signs, just remember what a fair number of our current stars were like when they had less than 50 games - the young players need experience. We just need to make sure we can give them experience and support their development.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Good question Al. Maybe they do, but what can they do about it?
Has anyone on here contacted the RFC about the perceived bias and differential?
If so what response has there been.
Players can't do anything and I suspect the club knows they cannot do anything. Allowing it to becaome an issue amongst the playing group would be a festering sore so I'd be fairly sure the coaching groups response would be to look at where we'd done something dumb and to try and iron that out and to ignore the rest.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Not yet , but for me we need to involve and change things up to static for me forward line needs a change week after week the same issue change it up.CCJ should be in that side his gorm has been good we need another tall marking option when we introduced Soldo it change our dynamics in the team.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
no panic. we are a far better organised club and team than to panic. I don't think there's any deep worry about the three-peat, etc.. i'm liking the idea of getting Stack and CCJ in there, and giving Ralphsmith a run.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Panic? No. But we need to shore up the gameplan and get the young blokes up to speed quickly. It fell away dramatically last night in a way rarely seen under Hardwick. Senior players appear down on confidence and the rest follow.

Can't change horses mid-season (re gameplan). Win enough games to make finals and go from there.

Good test next week as the Giants have ground out wins against us in the past.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
No. The time to panic was a few weeks ago. I’ve had enough!! I’ve ripped up my membership ( actually smashed my phone since it’s a digital membership these days), ripped all the premiership memorabilia off the walls and thrown away all my Richmond gear.

Ive kept my Maurice Rioli Club membership though because I still want to see them play in the granny this year :)) :cupgold

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
With the exception of the loss to Port, we’ve basically rolled over when seriously challenged. More disturbingly, it’s happening in the second halves which were previously a strength of ours. Injuries and rule changes which feel oddly targeted at us haven’t helped. Still, 8 rounds in and it’s feeling like the team have lost some hunger. This doesn’t mean we should panic, just that we might be seeing the end of a wonderful dynasty.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Not time to panic just yet.

However.

Next weeks game against the Sherbie's is dead set critical for us in respect to our prospects this season.

If we get turned over by the Giants top 4 is nigh on done.

We must stay ahead of the counter till the bye.

Next week is non negotiable we must win as we have the Bears the following week away.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Panic? No. The Hawks were 4 wins-4 losses after 8 rounds in 2015.Their threepeat year.
Interesting observation, but have a good look.
Their four losses were by 2, 8, 10 and 4 points. Total 24. Maximum 10.
All four wins were by 10 goals or more - one by the ton.
They were 4-4 but their percentage was 145.8 and they won their next eight.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Panic?
Some perspective please.
At the end of 2016 if the football Gods had said to me "we will guarantee you three flags in your life time or you can take your chances", I'd have taken the three every day of the week. We had reached a point where I really couldn't see us ever winning another flag.
How would you like to barrack for St Kilda?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
I think next week against the Giants will tell a tale. If we loose that it will get very hard. If Shedda is a long term injury it will make it tough for the midfield. Without Cotch, Prestia, Lambert and Edwards it will be tough to compete and we could cop some hidings. We don't have the quality to cover those guys and we won't until we get some early draft picks or a good free agent.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Without Cotch, Prestia, Lambert and Edwards it will be tough to compete and we could cop some hidings. We don't have the quality to cover those guys and we won't until we get some early draft picks or a good free agent.

nobody has the depth to cover an entire midfield.

nobody.

but we'll find a way to scrap our way into finals,

and go to work.

we are a champion team. and champs do amazing things.

its way too early in this story for an ending.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
That loss to the Kochies when we should've won it (George and Jack ffs), is the worst of our losses we should NOT have lost that game.

The other 3 losses are of great concern, all the same second half embarrassments with no effort or fight and dominant starts wasted with stupid decisions, lack of composure and just general poor play.

That handball from Nank to Houli right on half time was a killer 90 seconds left or whatever he shouldve milked the clock and passed off to a short, or gone long down the line but gives it to Houli who in all honesty should not have even presented for it as we were set to go to the outer side down the line,. Houli has no one to kick to kicks to a contest and opens the ground up then they get the turnover and Cameron has a paddock to lead into then they get a goal FFS.

Stupid play no composure no sense.

Let em back in then seemingl;y threw it in.

Hit to our percentage also.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Lets just hopefully take the points next week without more $^#*^#^#*^ injuries to whats left of our key players so week can get a week off to recharge and attack the Bears with a free hit, as no one will be expecting us to beat them just as we were written off for the Dogs game.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Only 2 players arguably in top form and consistent. Bolton and Nankervis. We need more out put from a lot of players who have played only a couple of good games up to now. And Dusty needs to stop being too generous and kick the bloody goals himself instead of handing them off all the time!