Jake Aarts | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake Aarts

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
I've been calling for him to be dumped for at least 12 weeks. Just keeps getting games somehow.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Though Cumberland only managed the 3 snags this week, his work rate around the ball was excellent, no he won’t be able to work off the ball as well as Aarts does , however I thin’ it’s a great chance to get NC in for a few games to finish off the season and JA can go back to the VFL and try and find some form . He’s had a really poor year and I cant see any point in giving him more game time

Reactions: 3 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Probably dangerous to judge players on recent performances as to what they can offer to a functioning Richmond team, but he's one who has really disappointed me.

Reactions: 3 users

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
Though Cumberland only managed the 3 snags this week, his work rate around the ball was excellent, no he won’t be able to work off the ball as well as Aarts does , however I thin’ it’s a great chance to get NC in for a few games to finish off the season and JA can go back to the VFL and try and find some form . He’s had a really poor year and I cant see any point in giving him more game time
Cumberland provides spark and hardness around the ball. Also he does this thing they call kicking goal, its a bit of a novelty trick.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Is never at the bottom of the pack when a fwd has brought it to ground. Is never keeping the ball in the fwd line by applying pressure. Doesnt play in the middle. What exactly is he doing? He is a VFL player at best and should not have played the amount of games he has this year. What was one of our greatest strength in our small fwds is now our biggest weakness. We had Butler, Rioli and Castagna wreaking havoc. Now we have nothing

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
There are no obvious reasons to keep playing him at AFL level.
As an aside, if Aarts were on the open market I wonder/doubt if any other club would select him.