Jake Aarts | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake Aarts

Why in the hell would you play Aarts as sub (shouldn’t be in firsts anyway) when you are playing at Marvel and pace is crucial?

Reactions: 2 users
Aarts isn't flying very high. So a junior should be able to take his spot soon.

Reactions: 3 users
Said it on numerous occasions, has the ability (speed) to get to the right spots… but is off AFL decision making speed of mind to make the better decision when under pressure. If he was no good we’d be saying he never got near it… our bigger problem is that he does. I’m a fan, but know this isn’t his true level… he can play at this level, but not tight or contested.

Reactions: 1 user
That's astounding if we have given Aarts that contract I didn't know we had.
I messed up. We did give him 2 years, but on October 30, 2020. He's out after this year.

I live a Jake Aarts story more than anyone but it’s time to move on now.

Reactions: 1 users
Why play him?

Not part of the successful past.

Certainly not part of the future.

And, as subs go, a terrible option.

Aarts = Oouts

Ins = Sonz
so Sonsie in the sub vest, possibly getting no game time rather than playing a full game in the VFL?

in a few weeks when everyone has games under their belts kids can go sub (if they cant break their way into the 22) but these early few weeks Aarts is the perfect sub, where it doesnt matter if he only gets limited game time.

in a few weeks when everyone has games under their belts kids can go sub (if they cant break their way into the 22) but these early few weeks Aarts is the perfect sub, where it doesnt matter if he only gets limited game time.
When he came on was when we got absolutely smashed in the game. Not solely blaming Jake obviously but it does matter.

I reckon aarts himself would be sick of being sub and would look forward to a full game in the twos. I'm not an aarts fan but he isn't the problem