Jake Aarts | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake Aarts

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Amazing he was in the side today even as a med sub
As usual FArts had chance to kick a goal in the last but 30m directly in front on the run once again kicks a behind

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Turned the game when he came on
4 touches and 2 tackles in 5 mins.

I see him as a centre square mid. Played there for a bit in an earlier game and I saw something there as well. I'd be training him there over pre season and see what we have got

Reactions: 1 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
4 touches and 2 tackles in 5 mins.

I see him as a centre square mid. Played there for a bit in an earlier game and I saw something there as well. I'd be training him there over pre season and see what we have got
It was only five minutes but played like an in and under first rover. Won ball & clearance

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
was lively but he had to be. last quarter in an exhibition game.

missed that soda and I thought 'if that guy plays 10+ games in 2022 we are a middle-table side'.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
It was only five minutes but played like an in and under first rover. Won ball & clearance
He's strong in a contest. He and Baker won us the game out of the middle against GWS against bigger bodies. I said we need to play him mid more. Dimma never played him there again till now.

Reactions: 4 users

Razorgang2

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 15, 2014
He's strong in a contest. He and Baker won us the game out of the middle against GWS against bigger bodies. I said we need to play him mid more. Dimma never played him there again till now.
You may have something there Hazza.

rensman

interpreter to the stars...
May 6, 2004
North Eastern Victoria
unfortunately this bloke is going to be our scapegoat but he's not best 22 when we only have 5-6 injuries. more a guy that should play 6-8 games during the season to give others rest

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Thought he did ok. But if Aarts is the standard we're looking for our dynasty is over.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Aarts is a classic Dimma blue-collar battler; tries his heart out from go to whoa.
Unfortunately, whether its decision-making or hitting the target, he has repeatedly shown himself incapable of execution in the moment.
Some players can lift the collective through individual acts (eg Stack), and the opposite is also true.
His ceiling is limited and the NexGen kids like RCD and Dow should be prioritised this year to establish once and for all whether they have the scope to be best 22, before Sonsie and the other school of 2021 draftees start overtaking them.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
How FArts is getting a game is beyond me
He's very limited. Contracted for this year and next too. I don't want him in the 22. But he ain't the reason we're losing games.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
He's very limited. Contracted for this year and next too. I don't want him in the 22. But he ain't the reason we're losing games.
He’s holding back a kid that should be getting games to aid their development
Who gave him a contract till end of 2023? himself

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
That's astounding if we have given Aarts that contract I didn't know we had.

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Simply can not play another senior game , its a joke he played as many as he did last year and denied development to young players...
If Dimma and co can't see this now i give up...

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
He’s holding back a kid that should be getting games to aid their development
Who gave him a contract till end of 2023? himself

If he's the ongoing sub I don't really have a problem with it. Clearly isn't taking us forward and I'd rather our kids play full games in the 2's than playing for 1 or 2 quarters in the 1's. If they are good enough, they will get into the full side and play the full 4 quarters.