Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
What's he supposed to do? Buckley has developed the blueprint of flood flood flood our forward line and it's WORKING.

We don't have a plan B.

We bomb it in, Lynch goes up against minimum 2 players, plus jack. Goes straight back out of forward 50. Mopped up by Grimes or Vlastuin. Bombed back in.
Rinse. Repeat.
It's infuriating!

Reactions: 4 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
What's he supposed to do? Buckley has developed the blueprint of flood flood flood our forward line and it's WORKING.

We don't have a plan B.

We bomb it in, Lynch goes up against minimum 2 players, plus jack. Goes straight back out of forward 50. Mopped up by Grimes or Vlastuin. Bombed back in.
Rinse. Repeat.
It's infuriating!
Yep the coaches need to work out how to counteract this tactic. 8 weeks in and we've made no progress.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Plays like he broke his hand.
Reckon he's playing like he broke his leg. How slow is he?? He's like a glacier when the ball hits the deck. He was noticeably quicker last year without a preseason.

Very disappointing tonight.

Reactions: 5 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Yep the coaches need to work out how to counteract this tactic. 8 weeks in and we've made no progress.
Lynch plays from the square & Jack at CHF for a start. Must separate. Rioli & Aarts aren’t dangerous enough at the moment, so need re-jig of players. Stack to replace Rioli & one of the first year players to get a go.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
We could try Plan B after we have a go at Plan A which we haven't done all year.

Delivery into our 50 has been woeful, Jack is out of form and he broke his hand.

He always has at least 2 players on him and the reason for that is that the opposition know there is no-one else they need to bother much with. When the players around him start to contribute and stop spectating then he might have a chance. There isn't a forward in the game who can continually kick goals when he is up against 2 opponents, with a third coming in from the side, and no small forwards around him to attract some attention.

DS

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Yep Tom and Jack offer nothing once ball hits ground...

The ball hits the ground 90% of the time we enter our 50.
Where's the smalls?
Hardwick needs to drop playing a free player behind the ball.
He needs to even out the numbers in our forward line.
Why can Port, Collingwood and even Geelong have open forward 50's but our's looks like Flinders street station at 5 o'clock on a Friday??.
Hardwick needs to sort it out.
He cant just rely on 2017 game plan anyone.

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
As Dimma said last night fix the execution and we'll be okay. That last kick inside 50 is our undoing ATM.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Can't get off the ground and struggles to take a contested mark. Is the knee right ?

Tiller

Tiger Rookie
Aug 26, 2009
The ball is just not sticking in his hands at the moment. I think he is being a bit tentative. I think alternate resting him and Jack for a game each in the next block and give CCJ an opportunity.

My bigger concern is the lack of smalls at their feet. I'm beginning to question our forward line coach. I think that's Macrae's job. He seemed to be a wonderful coach at VFL level but if he is trying to implement something new at senior level then it is just not working.

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Get him on his bike and up the ground.

His motor is his biggest strength.

Reactions: 1 user

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Lynch was in great form until the hand. Direct correlation. His form is nothing to worry about.

Team strategy is another topic altogether.

That’s where the small forwards are meant to come into play.
This is what we are missing.

This.

Our one wood used to be bringing it to ground for the smalls. Injuries forced us to embrace the idea of tough, medium-sized players like Townsend and Caddy bringing it to ground.

Is contested marking now our one wood? Isn’t that way easier for the opposition to prepare for and defend?

Lynch’s strength should be treated as a luxury that happens in addition to a natural gameplan that values the complete opposite IMO.

Strategies that depend on contested marking tall forwards are the easiest thing to stop. It’s common, everybody trains for it, and everybody drafts defenders around stopping that one popular traditional avenue toward goal.

Lynch was in great form earlier in the year, but we still didn’t look great I50 to my eyes.
Maybe we need all 6 of our forwards to be the game plan.

Most sporting teams have far less players than AFL teams, so in theory, AFL teams should be more successful with team-wide strategies than any individual strategies that might be more successful in smaller-team sports. Can’t focus too much on Lynch.

Reactions: 4 users