Maurice JNR | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice JNR

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Still has a lot to learn about the off-field side of things. That being said, has been training with Ugle-Hagen a lot in Warnambool the last week or two, boxing, sand running, etc. Ugle-Hagen is a very good trainer and somebody to train alongside

Reactions: 5 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
His NT coach is quoted in the Herald Sun today, that Maurice Jr, is possibly the best of all the Riolis.
Done us a huge favour (not)!
That is a massive statement hope his right. I found him really disappointing the first couple of times I saw him, however the last time, he looked like a totally different kid .

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The next Rioli is always the best one. MoJu will do well to get to Daniel or Willie level. If he gets to Cyril or Maurice heights, we're laughing.

Reactions: 9 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
According to hun, Fremantle still a chance to get him.
In what respect? Freo only has two picks and they're both high (11 & 28). They won't use them for Junior. Essendumbscum on the other hand have 6, 41, 61, 69, & 70

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
The only way he wont pick Richmond is if Richmond tell him they wont pick him. He is going to Richmond. Horses mouth, etc.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
According to hun, Fremantle still a chance to get him.
No chance. Has told the Tigers he wants to play there, club told him they want him. He wants to follow his fathers footsteps. Has no relationship with Freo or Bombers.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
I don't recall in the past the media speculating a father/son junior's potential club when they have options after they have declared their choice. I think of Nick Blakey (had the choice of North, Brisbane & Sydney), Bailey Scott (Gold Coast, Geelong & North) as two recent examples. Just another example of anti Richmondism?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I think it's more to do with the Rioli name. They are the royalty of Aussie Rules

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
His NT coach is quoted in the Herald Sun today, that Maurice Jr, is possibly the best of all the Riolis.
Done us a huge favour (not)!

The broad narrative on Richard Tambling was he was the best indigenous talent anyone had seen, ever.

Its not really a story without superlatives.

'MRJ could possibly be almost as good as Dean if he works on his speed, but absolutely no way will he be as good as Cyril or his old man'

isn't really a headline, is it?

• Haha
  • Sad

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
The broad narrative on Richard Tambling was he was the best indigenous talent anyone had seen, ever.

'MRJ could possibly be almost as good as Dean if he works on his speed, but absolutely no way will he be as good as Cyril or his old man'

The coach is Shannon Rioli, so possibly biased.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

From what I have seen of him on TV and video he appears to me to be someone who has oodles of natural talent but has a lot to go physically to get to AFL level.
That's ok. Richmond is a good place for him to develop

Reactions: 4 users

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
He's definitely come a long way in regards to his body shape and training standards over the last 12-18months. Improved dramatically. I think being close mates with Ugle-Hagen has helped him see what standards need to be maintained to make it

wammo

We're from Tigerland
May 16, 2007
That's comforting D85.
How have you been able to see him over this season, or do you know someone in the know?

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
In what respect? Freo only has two picks and they're both high (11 & 28). They won't use them for Junior. Essendumbscum on the other hand have 6, 41, 61, 69, & 70

Unless the bombers take him with pick 6, a bid at 41 would only cost us pick 53 after the F/S discount.
Unless of course they get more picks in the second round with all their players leaving I guess. Anything inside pick 40 and we're looking at a deficit next year, unless we get more third round picks ourselves of course