Maurice JNR | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice JNR

Knighta

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 17, 2008
Do we hope he tanks so we get him a lot cheaper. I get the feeling in these gloom and doom days that the club will select Jnr no matter what.

We have to take him in my opinion. Would be a welcome positive story.

Reactions: 2 users

Brooklyn Tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
What would be the draft range of Jnr, approximately? We have to wait till someone bids on him, right? Then we get 20% discount? If that's the case i expect Dodoro to bid early.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
What would be the draft range of Jnr, approximately? We have to wait till someone bids on him, right? Then we get 20% discount? If that's the case i expect Dodoro to bid early.
Pretty sure your correct BT, though if no club bids on him we can just rookie list him I think, however I’d imagine will take him with our last pick in that case. I have no idea on his draft range, be hard to know after the lack of footy this year. Won’t be long and those mock drafts will be getting around.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

I'm no expert, but I reckon on exposed form, third round . 50+?

add the Rioli premium

and I'd objectively value him late 2nd round.

But im not objective, especially about Maurices boy.

I'd pay pick 18, just to see him smiling on the MCG

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I would say in the 3rd round probably around pick #45-#55 to keep us honest

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
It's farcical that essendon had first dibs on the riolis. Good that the NGA's are gone after this year.

Reactions: 1 users

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
It's farcical that essendon had first dibs on the riolis. Good that the NGA's are gone after this year.
Are they being removed? Great news if so. Absolute joke that they (and the academies) provide access to players who would most likely already be entering the system.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
As i understand it MRjr gets to nominate & that Club can match a bid. Getting rid of the NGA's is one thing but the Northern Academies aren't going anywhere the bidding system for those kids needs to become an open Draft.

Brooklyn Tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Are they being removed? Great news if so. Absolute joke that they (and the academies) provide access to players who would most likely already be entering the system.

I think the academies will still exist but i understood that the 'top end' talent will be on open market now. Think i saw it on AFL site that the proposal is that in the first 2 rds there will be no matching bids allowed for academy kids. After that its business as usual

Reactions: 3 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
I don’t think they’ll be gone just that r1 or 2 will be protected so if a player is bid you got no right to match, beyond that same as usual, should have always been that way

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I think the academies will still exist but i understood that the 'top end' talent will be on open market now. Think i saw it on AFL site that the proposal is that in the first 2 rds there will be no matching bids allowed for academy kids. After that its business as usual
The bidding system *smile* me to tears but i actually don't mind that idea.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

Have the AFL got wind that the tigers are stockpiling some elite talent in the coming drafts and need to change the system......

Reactions: 1 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
His NT coach is quoted in the Herald Sun today, that Maurice Jr, is possibly the best of all the Riolis.
Done us a huge favour (not)!

• Sad
  • Wow

Blind Charlie

Talk is cheap,just do it !
May 20, 2015
I was a fan of trading last years and this years 1st rounders to go up the order last year purely to avoid being shafted this year.
If any other club wants him its going to have to be an early bid just to have any chance of getting him.

Someone else might know this but if an early bid comes for him would it cost us our 1st 2 picks as they are atm.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
I was a fan of trading last years and this years 1st rounders to go up the order last year purely to avoid being shafted this year.
If any other club wants him its going to have to be an early bid just to have any chance of getting him.

Someone else might know this but if an early bid comes for him would it cost us our 1st 2 picks as they are atm.
No doubt essendumbscum will make a bid