Maurice JNR | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice JNR

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
MRJ is going to be incredible for us. Plays the perfect kind of game. speed, tackling pressure, x factor, makes something out of nothing with our chaos ball forward.

Will end up being a stockier Bolton, and if he develops a motor, which his father did, look out.

What a time to be alive .

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I've just realised the MRJ shares his birthday 1st September with his late great Dad
What a champion Maurice was, I'll be happy if Mo Jo is half as good as his dad.

What has Maurice and Dusty got in common.........they were both BOG in 3 Grand Finals.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
MRJ is going to be incredible for us. Plays the perfect kind of game. speed, tackling pressure, x factor, makes something out of nothing with our chaos ball forward.

Will end up being a stockier Bolton, and if he develops a motor, which his father did, look out.

What a time to be alive .
That’s a lot to take from a likely rookie pick with 2-3 games of available vision.

might need to calm your farm

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
That’s a lot to take from a likely rookie pick with 2-3 games of available vision.

might need to calm your farm

If we were taking MRJ in 2010, I would be outwardly projecting he will be a star whilst inwardly holding little hope of him playing a game.

But in 2020, RFC gets everything right, and I reckon he will be a ripper.

Im certain that so many talented footballers who never played a game could have been triple premiership role players in this Richmond era

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
looks like a tackling machine in the highlights. reckon he'll suit our style perfectly

Reactions: 2 users

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Sometimes I question my memories but after watching those highlights there is no doubting them ever again!

If there was as much coverage today as there was back then you would have gigabytes worth of stuff to pour over.

He always left players standing in shock "what just happened there???" aha... MAGIC!

Poor Shawry, he was always Maurices white rabbit lol

What a player!!!

Reactions: 4 users

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
And wasn't Clarke on trade radio rounders recently saying he was a late to rookie pick. A lot of pressure on this kid already.

I can understand a first rounder being under pressure but how does a late rounder/rookie pick put him under pressure?

Last edited:

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Hopefully young Dow gets number upgrade & Jnr can wear number 27.

I think Daniel said he'd be happy to hand over the 17 after playing a 100 games in it.

I don't know the machinations or logistics of that, I just recall something like that being mentioned.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Mo Jo's sister goes ok too, sign her up as a father-daughter.

MAURICE RIOLI'S DAUGHTER DOMINATES NT WIN:

Another standout from the carnival was Maria Rioli.

She's the daughter of the late great Richmond legend Maurice Rioli and today she was absolutely brilliant against ACT.

Rioli kicked seven out of the Northern Territory's nine goals in a 54-point win.

With performances like that, maybe she'll carve out her own football legacy as an AFLW player!

Reactions: 2 users