McLachlan. ..... G.O.N.E. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

McLachlan. ..... G.O.N.E.

As much as Benny would help change the boys club at AFL headquarters, would much rather Benny stays with us.

He is the single most important person in the club to navigate our path forward ILO.
Couldnt agree more. Gale is integral as we work towards another period of sustained success. Now is not the time for him to go. Especially also off the back of Peggy leaving at years end.

Reactions: 3 users
Richard Goyder is so unimpressive.
Listened to the first couple of minutes. ..... McLachlan's done everything bar cure Covid.... probably off to do that next....... I'm done!
Can someone please post when the love in ends?

The time is right for Benny to run the whole show. What he at achieved at Tigerland has been nothing short of amazing.

However the bigger picture is the continued expansion of AFL at all levels. Womens and International expansion/exposure just two of the many areas which demand vision, time and money. No other club CEO has the same skill set and experience as our Benny so it’s best for the game overall.

I’ve followed AFL and NRL for 60 years and am passionate about both games. But AFL needs to lift its game even further to match the momentum Peter V’landys is building out of what was previously a basket case. (If anyone doubts his abilities just look how he transformed NSW horse racing). The strongest possible competition between the two codes will be fantastic.

Just heard the news Victoria has won the rights to host the 2026 Commonwealth Games with an emphasis on regional sporting locations. AFL should grab any opportunity to improve facilities for future growth. Again, look at what Benny and Richmond have built at Punt Road.

Thats all true Bugsy Malone.

But Leysy wants/cares far more about having the best sports administrator in the country improving Richmond as opposed to the AFL.

Benny has way too much integrity to work at the AFL

There has been a bit of angst between Gale/Richmond and the AFL over the last couple of years which may hurt his chances.
I hope so as we can't lose Peggy and Gale next year and Benny needs to see the Punt Road Development through to its fruition.

Last edited:
There has been a bit of angst between Gale/Richmond and the AFL over the last couple of years which may hurt his chances.
I hope so as we can't lose Peggy and Gale next year and Benny needs to see the Punt Road Development to its fruition.

With Peggy standing down at years end, and in this day and age of gender equality in executive roles, should we put two and two together?

Reactions: 1 user
How well are the afl membership section going. Just received my annual membership pack in the mail. Lucky only 4 rounds have gone.

Leaves the game on its knees.
I can't think of 1 thing he has done to make the game better.
*crowds have disappeared
*Losing a truck load of money keeping GWS & Gold Coast in the competition. One needs to fold
*The umpiring its disgraceful.
*The Tribunal
*The Fixture
*The constant Rule changes
*The Rules with Academy kids
The game will be much better without him.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I've racked my brain and decided good ol Gil has actually done a few great things at the helm!

"Is that Melbourne City Engraving? ..... Gil McLachlan from the AFL. .... put *smile* RICHMOND on the cup again! Clunk!"

EyG6KCxU8AUqg-A.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Leaves the game on its knees.
I can't think of 1 thing he has done to make the game better.
*crowds have disappeared
*Losing a truck load of money keeping GWS & Gold Coast in the competition. One needs to fold
*The umpiring its disgraceful.
*The Tribunal
*The Fixture
*The constant Rule changes
*The Rules with Academy kids
The game will be much better without him.
come on mate, surely you have to applaud him for,
um
hang on,
er,
wait,
ah

AFLX!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users