Mid season draft. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mid season draft.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
tigertim said:
Seven ruck possibilities from Mitch Cleary:

Michael Knoll – South Adelaide
26yo, 204cm, 103kg
Will be the SANFL's lone ruckman in Sunday's State clash against the WAFL at Optus Stadium. Playing just his third year of football after a College basketball stint, Knoll crossed from Box Hill last year where he was emergency for the VFL Grand Final behind Marc Pittonet. Landed at South Adelaide this year after the Panthers lost Hayden McLean and Keegan Brooksby via the SSP. Could he be the third in 12 months?
Pickers was talking about this guy this morning on SEN. Pickers represents him.

He was saying 'hypothetically' he'd be a perfect fit for Richmond. So hopefully we are inquiring about him because he sounds like just what we need. Ready to go.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
I'm not so fussed about another ruckman. I would prefer either a big-bodied mid or a high-marking key back, someone who can has the aerial ability to go with the likes of Cox and various other resting rucks up forward. I am getting sick of teams bombing it in high to dills like Rory Lobb who then complete an easy mark. Surely, this is our biggest threat.

Surely, somewhere there is State League defender who can match it with these tall spuds. They are hardly Plugger Lockett.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
TOT70 said:
I'm not so fussed about another ruckman. I would prefer either a big-bodied mid or a high-marking key back, someone who can has the aerial ability to go with the likes of Cox and various other resting rucks up forward. I am getting sick of teams bombing it in high to dills like Rory Lobb who then complete an easy mark. Surely, this is our biggest threat.

Surely, somewhere there is State League defender who can match it with these tall spuds. They are hardly Plugger Lockett.

Yep. Got to be a 196cm mature CHB in the WA/SANFL/VFL/etc who we being in to cover Dave/Grimes/Garthwait . Get him in our VFL system and use as a backup.

E

easy_tiger

Pickett has to be our man if his there.

match report from the West OZ after WAFL final last year

The 26-year-old hauled in several spectacular pack marks amid his seven captures, drilled a series of 60m bullets among 21 kicks, landed four goals from a combination of long set shots and clever groundwork and, if that wasn’t enough, provided a couple of clear taps after spending time as a relief ruckman.

And he added a bump on West Perth captain Aaron Black that was notable for its controlled ferocity — although he was reported for it. It was a scintillating exhibition and the key to the Bulldogs’ biggest finals victory.

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Dont think we need a ruckman we have heaps

Chol, Saldo , CCJ

What we need is a mature big bodied midfielder that can get a clearance .

Should not be that hard to do, anyone at Miles or Conca's level will suffice

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
(found this online)

Marlion Pickett

Height: 183cm
Weight: 85kg
DOB: 6/1/1992
Club: South Fremantle

Considered by some recruiters as the most talented state league player in the country.Made the move into the midfield this season after playing across half-back and thrived this season. Pickett is skilful, he’s fast and he’s brave in the air. Gold Coast and West Coast have shown interest in the 27-year-old who has matured a lot in recent years after a stint in jail in his late teens. The Cats are another club who have been linked with the talented Pickett.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
No 4 said:
who ever we pick, we will need to thank Shaun Grigg.

Grigga, you're the man!
So does this mean that the Andy Collins trade continues to pay out. Sort of like the Tambling trade turned into a few different players.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Giardiasis said:
So does this mean that the Andy Collins trade continues to pay out. Sort of like the Tambling trade turned into a few different players.
for sure, It must, it has merit, one minus one plus one, someone has to wear no 6,

E

easy_tiger

year of the tiger said:
How many other clubs are in this mid season draft ? Do we know yet

we have pick 10 and 15.

Given Pickett didn't get picked in 100 picks, you have to reckon we'd be a chance?

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
We’ve now got the Culture/Support to embrace a Marlion Pickett

He’s an A Grade Midfielder.

I’ll be disappointed if he’s on the Board come our Pick and we go for a Vanilla nobody.

We don’t need a 2nd rate ruckman,we’ve put 5 years development into Soldo let’s give him his chance to shine.

If it goes Titts up wheel Mabior in its time we found out whether he’s going to make the grade,anyway.