RD 19 Changes V Pies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RD 19 Changes V Pies

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Langdon and Moore are massive outs for them. Their game plan against us is to mark in their back half and start their chipping crap to spread us wide. Without these 2 they won't be able to mark everything like they did in rd 2.

Landgon was huge last year. Huge loss.
Moore is a clone of Reid. Very unreliable
Maynard and Mayne are close to the worse defenders in the comp.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
True b4p ,however even though each game is only worth 4 points, I think this is clearly our most important game until finals

This is our biggest game before the finals, no doubt about it, till we play the eagles in Rd 22 as the stakes will be higher again, and that will be our biggest game before the finals till we play Brisbane in the last round.

We have a great testing run to the finals, perfect preparation and I think the club it playing it well.

Would like no change this week, reward a winning team and keep our cards close to our chest so we don’t give the pies an insight into our “finals” squad. Let’s reveal that closer to the end of the H&A and keep managing the game time of some of our battering rams (Graham, Caddy and KMac).

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Langdon and Moore are massive outs for them. Their game plan against us is to mark in their back half and start their chipping crap to spread us wide. Without these 2 they won't be able to mark everything like they did in rd 2.
Dusty would be happy that tagger Greenwood is out too, except when he has him 1 out in the goal square of course.

The Lurker

In Victory We Thrive, Eat Em Alive
Nov 24, 2003
Melbourne
Is Greenwood out, happy about that, not a fan. I was pleased when he smothered a team mates shot at goal in the last minutes of the 2018 GF with his back.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I feel that Nank needs another week in the twos. Still prefer Soldo and Chol vs Grundy. Soldo can drop back and contest with Cox in the pack marks. kmac and Markov to come in Short and Baker out (both unlucky).

I Dont think Markov will be coming in already 3 senior players to come back ahead of him.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Is Greenwood out, happy about that, not a fan. I was pleased when he smothered a team mates shot at goal in the last minutes of the 2018 GF with his back.

*Ballsack
*Shanaberg
*Greenwood
*Elliott
Maybe Thomas
Will be playing on friday night.

Out Appleby Varcoe Crocker Mayne
Maybe out Cox

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

The dud that they just signed up for another 5 years
Cost them the flag.
The kick that was meant to go to Stephenson ended up going straight to Yeo. ( They blamed the runner, it was just a really *smile* kick)
And then in the last 3 minutes he had a chance to snap a goal from 25 metres out and he booted it straight out on the full.
Mr Taylor Adams

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Nank, Grover and Caddy will return over the next week or 3.

Grover will probably play this week, Nank maybe and Caddy maybe will have another week in the VFL

At this stage Short, Baker, and either Soldo or Chol are those most likely to make way save for injuries or suspensions.

We've got the pace but still need some grunt come September.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just don't run Cox into form.

Along with the De Goooooooooooooooooey fluke shots at goal, this is what I'm also afraid of. This Yank is nothing but a one-hit wonder and only plays with advantage height.

I just don't want us to fumble or play fancy too much.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Will be interesting to see if they persist with Short on the wing. You'd have KMac or even Naish well ahead of him on form and structure.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Another 2 things that *smile* me about this Scum of a team: (1) dumpire loving free kicks at no cost and (2) that annoying seagull wearing number 38 who keeps practicing his childhood fantasies by jumping all over players. If only Cameron didn't clip on his legs after that piggy-back mark last week, this *smile* would've fallen on and broken his knees.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Along with the De Goooooooooooooooooey fluke shots at goal, this is what I'm also afraid of.

we should be very afraid of DeGoey. He kicks the fluke goals more consistently than just about anyone.

the absence of Stephenson makes it so much easier though. They are very much a super quick, mercurial 1-2 punch.

our fastest, toughest tall can now sit on DeGoey when he's forward.

and we all know who that is.

(we are actually well placed even when Stephenson is back, because we do have another very fast, tough tall in Broad)

If we restrict DeGoey and Sidebottom, we win

Reactions: 3 users

TygerTyger

oh yeah!
Oct 17, 2006
Richmond
Agree, massive game, both in terms of the ladder and confidence against the pies.

I think there will only be one change. We must see what Soldo can offer against Grundy. Caddy hasn't shown enough off the wing yet, his forward spot is gone. (Chol or Nank)

In: Macintosh
Out: Short

Kmac or Short?
If it was a tumbling ball on the wing, running into a high-pressure contest we dont want to lose (eg exposed backline) - KMac every time
A slicing run out of the contest, a kick into the corridor or across an exposed backline... Short everytime

Keen to see the big content beasts back (Nank, Caddy, KMac) - but would hate to see the run and flair go

I got no answers :confused:

Reactions: 3 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Kmac for Short, but it will be more likely Baker even though he has bigger nads and more creativity than Short.

Nank should be given another week.

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
So Ive been thinking about the Sidebottom match up. Ellis, KMac and Broad are aerobically the most capable and while Graham is less so he has been given run wih roles before. I think I would go with KMac at first instance, maybe with several of them rotating the job in short sharp bursts. The reason I think KMac is that he is the one who is most capable of genuine physicality and could rough Sidebottom up a bit.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
So Ive been thinking about the Sidebottom match up. Ellis, KMac and Broad are aerobically the most capable and while Graham is less so he has been given run wih roles before. I think I would go with KMac at first instance, maybe with several of them rotating the job in short sharp bursts. The reason I think KMac is that he is the one who is most capable of genuine physicality and could rough Sidebottom up a bit.
It’s a tough call isn’t it LLH, his such a smart and attacking runner and can hurt with his possessions as well as anyone, one thing is I wouldn’t go head to head, like you say maybe rotate players on him, whoever does it has to sacrifice there own game and put the clamps on. Not sure Pendlebury can be stopped , I’d take the punt and try and go head to head with Dusty

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
So Ive been thinking about the Sidebottom match up. Ellis, KMac and Broad are aerobically the most capable and while Graham is less so he has been given run wih roles before.

I'm pretty certain Broad will get the gig. He did a good job on Whitfield in the second half of the GWS game. Plus, there is no Stephenson so I reckon the match committee could get a little creative in terms of run-with roles.

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
It’s a tough call isn’t it LLH, his such a smart and attacking runner and can hurt with his possessions as well as anyone, one thing is I wouldn’t go head to head, like you say maybe rotate players on him, whoever does it has to sacrifice there own game and put the clamps on. Not sure Pendlebury can be stopped , I’d take the punt and try and go head to head with Dusty
Agreed, it needs to be a hard tag.