RD 19 Changes V Pies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RD 19 Changes V Pies

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
I'm pretty certain Broad will get the gig. He did a good job on Whitfield in the second half of the GWS game. Plus, there is no Stephenson so I reckon the match committee could get a little creative in terms of run-with roles.
Interesting. I wonder if Broady might be needed down back - WHE and Mihocek are both competent overhead.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
So Ive been thinking about the Sidebottom match up. Ellis, KMac and Broad are aerobically the most capable and while Graham is less so he has been given run wih roles before. I think I would go with KMac at first instance, maybe with several of them rotating the job in short sharp bursts. The reason I think KMac is that he is the one who is most capable of genuine physicality and could rough Sidebottom up a bit.
It's something I thought Rioli could have done at the start of the year but he hasn't come on. Sidebum is too slippery for KMac: the role needs someone with agility. Bolton?

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
It's something I thought Rioli could have done at the start of the year but he hasn't come on. Sidebum is too slippery for KMac: the role needs someone with agility. Bolton?
Unless Bolton’s tank has gone through the roof I’d be shocked. Sidebum is an elite runner

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
If you’re at training today Caesar can you report on the progress of Jack Ross? Hopefully he’ll still return at some point this season.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
If you’re at training today Caesar can you report on the progress of Jack Ross? Hopefully he’ll still return at some point this season.

Unless they have turned the kid into the 6 million dollar man, we have no chance of seeing him again this year.

Im sick of little incidents that happen to our players over the years to derail their season or even end their careers.

*Whelan skydives straight into browns leg. Ended his season.
*Mick Martin hits Michael Mitchell in the head. Concussion issues ended his career.
*Michael Pickering. What a talent, but after the Miles bump was goneski.
*Tony Free Brereton breaks his jaw. Season over.
*Dunkley pushes richo in the back and falls in the fence does his knee in 1995 and chance of a flag gone that day.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
In our first outing against the magpies we played 15 metres off our opponents and they just chipped it through our set up.

Shorten that to 7 metres and they don't control the ball, we have to create contests all of the way up the ground so we can play to our strengths.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
So Round 2, Pies had 467 disposals to our 302 and 174 marks to 78 yet had 60 tackles to our 33. The game plan was obvious. They kept the ball off us in the backline, controlled it, then slingshot forward at opportune times and obliterated us. The 25 frees to 9 didn't help us either. Clearly our task will be to not allow them to control the backline again and make them play long or very short so that we can apply our famous pressure on them. We did this really well against GWS and smacked them because we didn't allow them time and they have subsequently smacked Collingwood. This is ours, we're moving the ball well, we're pressuring well again, we have close to a full strength team back. Let's finish them and give them no chance of getting back above us on the ladder this season.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Unless Bolton’s tank has gone through the roof I’d be shocked. Sidebum is an elite runner

Brandon has the ability to go with Sidearse, and the tank and the pace.

Just depends if the MC are prepared to sacrifice his offensive capabilities.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Kmac rested to train up as hard tag?

Sideass this week?

Me likey if that’s the plan going forward.

Seems to be a fair bit of re-wiring going on. Caddy. Stack. New roles make an unpredictable team.

The coaching staff are bold and creative. There’s a coherent, aggressive plan for flag 12 and we’re sticking to it.

Love this club. Benchmark in so many facets at the moment.

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Talk of Tyson Goldsack coming back in. Please make it be. Jack & Tom would be licking their lips.

I’m not playing and I’m licking my lips.
Dud of the highest order.
Whoever he goes to will be the leading goal kicker for the night. Most likely jacky.
Roughead to Lynch
Ballsack to jack
Maynard to Castagna
Who else have they got? Clement? Lababababa?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Brandon has the ability to go with Sidearse, and the tank and the pace.

Just depends if the MC are prepared to sacrifice his offensive capabilities.

I think I would do that.

Sidebottoms spread from contests is relentless and he's incredibly damaging with the ball.

yeah, I'd give Brando the job.

But if Bellis showed his face we'd have to enact Plan B really decisively.