Richmond Academy zone prospect | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond Academy zone prospect

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I know Maurice Rioli Junior is not eligible to be drafted until 2020 and that's if the kid can play but my question is:
Who gets 1st dibs, Richmond under Father/Son or Essendon Tiwi Island Draft zone.
And will Junior have the luxury of 3 choices Richmond, Essendon or go to the draft?
Hopefully we are not a basket case when he has to choose.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
caesar said:
I know Maurice Rioli Junior is not eligible to be drafted until 2020 and that's if the kid can play but my question is:
Who gets 1st dibs, Richmond under Father/Son or Essendon Tiwi Island Draft zone.
And will Junior have the luxury of 3 choices Richmond, Essendon or go to the draft?
Hopefully we are not a basket case when he has to choose.
only way Ess would be able to get him would be if he chooses thier academy otherwise we get 1st crack as a father son.
if he did nominate Ess academy i am not sure how it'd work, maybe we'd have to outbid them? only a wild guess

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
I posted all the special rules for the Northern Academies yesterday.

TOT70 said:
To qualify for a Northern Academy they have to be either male or have at least one parent who once looked at a travel brochure for a holiday in Queensland or Sydney.

TOT70 said:
Actually to qualify for the GWS Academy, you just have to know which city the Sydney Opera House is in. (Hint, its in Sydney).

TOT70 said:
To qualify for the Cold coast Academy, you just have to remember where you went for Schoolies.

Hey, I get to do a Leysy and quote myself. Sorry, hey Tottie gets to do a Leysy and quote himself.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
That's better young fella. Your getting there.

Just need to wind up Toothless Tim for your certificate.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Leysy Days said:

There's no room on my wall for another certificate.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Leysy Days said:

It's "you're", Losing Ways, not "your"......

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
For me if l was a Rioli and my old man played for the Tigers the choice is easy !!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Jonesracing82 said:
apparently we got the zone we were after.

So we were after a zone with a low indigenous and multicultural population?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Leysy Days said:
At least got it right that time hahahaaaa
Umm, I did before old boy, it was you who had it wrong ....again. Check again.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
alexwern said:
Our zone was the highest number of one nation voters in Victoria. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing for us and our academy. ?.?.

I blame Dimma.

billyb#40

Tiger Superstar
Sep 19, 2004
Richmond will get as much out of their zone as they put into it
It seems it's a priority for the club and it should deliver some unique talent for us to develop further
The only free kick we'll ever get and it needs nurturing

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
father -son would always come before the academy process, as the academys in vic are to grab non footy disadvantaged types,not steel a father son who is already tied to richmond.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Ghost of 29 said:
Kirby looks like he has done zero athletic/ fitness work to the point. But he sure can find the ball and kick a goal.
Right now he should be running and smashing it in the gym every day.

Apparently, RFC has nominated Pioneers' forward and early prospect Kayle Kirby as one of five players they will be able to automatically list as Category 'B' rookies this year under the new indigenous and multicultural academies program, should he not be selected in the national or rookie drafts by any other club.

Tigermad2005

Tiger Legend
Aug 18, 2004
Ballarat
Bullarto Tiger said:
Apparently, RFC has nominated Pioneers' forward and early prospect Kayle Kirby as one of five players they will be able to automatically list as Category 'B' rookies this year under the new indigenous and multicultural academies program, should he not be selected in the national or rookie drafts by any other club.
old news

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
tigertim said:
Yes, and he's no chance of going through undrafted.

My thoughts too TT.

I wonder what, if any, plans the RFC have in place to maximise our opportunity of getting KK to the club?