Richmond Academy zone prospect | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond Academy zone prospect

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
tigertim said:
Yes, and he's no chance of going through undrafted.
Have heard Collingwood are keen. Also heard he has barely trained - ever. Never had a preseason. So much upside IF he can knuckle down to the routine.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
King Kong said:
We'll draft KK with our pick in the 50s if still there

Hoping we don't have to do that. Hoping we can either take him with our pick in the 80's or with our 1st in the RD.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
mrposhman said:
Hoping we don't have to do that. Hoping we can either take him with our pick in the 80's or with our 1st in the RD.

I think that's entirely possible.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Do you really think so? After we exposed his potential in those impressive VFL games, so apparently Pies and whoever else are into him?

Now we have to grab him before somebody else does.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Just our luck. In the year BEFORE we get the Academy system working for us, three kids out of our zone get drafted in the first 50 or so picks.

Hopefully, there are a couple more next year when we can match.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
The Mole said:
Have heard Collingwood are keen. Also heard he has barely trained - ever. Never had a preseason. So much upside IF he can knuckle down to the routine.
Unfortunately my mail was correct. Bit of a reach by the pies though.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
waiting said:
Too late Leon !

Kilby grabbed by the Pies.

Hate to say I told you so. We never learn, should have kept him quiet, just invited him down to a bit of this pre-season. Could have grabbed KK in the PSD or rookie drafts. But, just like we did with Clayton Oliver, we exposed his obvious ability and potential in our VFL team where he kicked bags and starred.

Might as well tell the rest of the clubs: "He's got talent. Here he is; come and pinch him from under our noses!"

Dumb and dumber, 2015/2016.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
That's at least 3 kids last two drafts that played with our VFL team.

Got to get better at this.

Wish Kilby well but , but!!

TigerTribe5

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 14, 2010
leon said:
Hate to say I told you so. We never learn, should have kept him quiet, just invited him down to a bit of this pre-season. Could have grabbed KK in the PSD or rookie drafts. But, just like we did with Clayton Oliver, we exposed his obvious ability and potential in our VFL team where he kicked bags and starred.

Might as well tell the rest of the clubs: "He's got talent. Here he is; come and pinch him from under our noses!"

Yep!

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
leon said:

you forgot Josh Dunkley

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
We had listed:
Kayle Kirby (Indigenous), Billy Cooper (Indigenous), Esava Ratugolea (Multicultural)
, Derek Smith (Indigenous), Jy Simpkin (Indigenous)

Expecting Simpkin and Ratugolea to still be around was probably hopeful at best. Disappointed about Kirby though, thought he might make it through.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Do we automatically take Cooper ans Smith as Cat B's if they aren't picked up in the RD tomorrow as we have nominated them and have 2 spots?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Looking at the Kirby thing, as a way of rewarding players and clubs who blood good kids in AFL, I wonder if a mid-year new rookie spot that was only available from the clubs own VFL club listed players would be a good thing.

e.g. last year we decide to "reward" Kirby by elevating him to a rookie on our list. Now, of course, it will be sold as a reward but it's purely a defensive move by the clubs to keep these kids.