Richmond and the VFL | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond and the VFL

Ian4 said:
Benny is claiming the capacity of 5500 would be too small if it was a curtain raiser to a blockbuster game. i guess he knows more than me in this regards, but that would really surprise me. i can't see 5500 richmond supporters rocking up 4 hours before a game to watch the reserves play on any day... even the the most hardcore richmond supporter would be unlikely to attend every week.

I think you would be surprised how often they will be turning Tiger fans away if there is a capacity of just 5500 at Punt Road. I for one would go to several games a year at PRO if the ressies were playing there, regardless of them being curtain raisers. Just get the ground set up and with the income generated from this little cash cow, RFC can improve facilities and capacity in the years to come.

In the Blood said:
I think you would be surprised how often they will be turning Tiger fans away if there is a capacity of just 5500 at Punt Road. I for one would go to several games a year at PRO if the ressies were playing there, regardless of them being curtain raisers. Just get the ground set up and with the income generated from this little cash cow, RFC can improve facilities and capacity in the years to come.

a bigger cash cow would have been to build the social club on the ground floor of the ME bank centre, with a bistro and public bar and open it up to all events at the MCG and AAMI park.

Ian4 said:
a bigger cash cow would have been to build the social club on the ground floor of the ME bank centre, with a bistro and public bar and open it up to all events at the MCG and AAMI park.

i reckon this has been discussed and licensing issues meant this was not an option.

Agree, a members own area is a lot easier to license than a public f&b setup

Brodders17 said:
i reckon this has been discussed and licensing issues meant this was not an option.

first i've heard of it... and i've been arguing this point for years now. got a link?

Tim Clarke is confident we will have games at punt road in 2014! Also claimed we have targetted players throughout the season and 2-3 have already agreed and are still chasing 3-4 more! Well done to Wokka and Clarke :clap

Twitter saying Nathan Lovett-Murray linked to our VFL side.

Tigers of Old said:
Are they the coaches?

Tim Clarke head coach and Wayne 'Wokka' Campbell sounds like he will run the footy department. Campbell has been searching for leaders to play in the side, people who undertsand how to set up structures etc.

Knighta said:
Tim Clarke head coach and Wayne 'Wokka' Campbell sounds like he will run the footy department. Campbell has been searching for leaders to play in the side, people who undertsand how to set up structures etc.

Cheers. I thought Wokka was off to the Dogs in a footy position. Obviously not.
At least both will have a strog grasp of the game plans Dimma is implementing.

It was great viewing the Richo and Clarke interview. It gives great insight on what the club is working towards.

Would there be a chance that we are after Port's Matt Thomas solely as a supp list player for our VFL side rather than for the AFL team?

The Thomas rumours seem to have gone cold. Maybe that's all they ever were...

scooty said:
Yet to get official word but mate who works in vfl told me this arvo his pretty concrete on it

Thanks! For some reason I had Ed Curnow or even Ed Lower in my mind when I read your post! Had my Ed's mixed up :)